|Job Ref:||204625958||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Salary:||£400/day||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:16|
Job Title - Procurement Manager|
Location - The Quadrant - Milton Keynes
Rates - £400 per day
About the role / project:
The Commercial organisation in the National Supply Chain is responsible for the sourcing, purchasing and managing all works, goods and services for Network Rail. The function ensures that value for money is obtained from all suppliers by supporting the Company in developing sourcing strategies and delivering large, complex deals. Setting policy, designing and maintaining processes and systems, gathering and assessing data and providing strategic and analytical support all underpin the overarching goal of delivering a commercial, cost effective contracting and procuring process for the Business
* To develop and maintain positive collaborative relations with customers, suppliers and between key functions. To achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
* To promote cross-functional strategic analysis and decision making and total cost of ownership principles, taking account of business-wide demand and supply forecasts. Develop and implement effective category, contracting and supplier strategies that mitigate supply market risks and reduce the cost of procured materials and services, in accordance with the governance process and applying fact-based principles based upon rigorous demand and supply analysis.
* To contribute towards category, contracting and supplier strategies and develop and implement strategies as appropriate.
* To manage the effective sourcing, tendering and negotiation of goods or services with a value of up to c£250m annually to achieve business priorities, efficiency targets, compliance with Network Rail
* policies and in line with procedures, governance, legal (including EU Directives) and regulatory requirements.
* To maintain an appropriate supplier base.
* To implement appropriate controls and audit regimes that enable compliance with company procurement and commercial policies and procedures.
* To make decisions based on 'value for money' on 'a whole life cost basis,' encompass sustainable solutions, remove unnecessary waste without loss of function, eliminate process redundancies, challenge specifications, consolidate volumes and standardise processes.
* To capture financial and non-financial benefits. Communicate the scope and benefits and respond to any price / service level challenges.
* Undertake the post contract commercial management of contracts when required to do so by the business, that delivers the right quality, on time and within budget; managing supplier performance to achieve a successful outcome for the customer
Your experience will include:
* Previous QS/Quantity Surveying experience
* Ideally a builder/surveyor who has gone into procurement
* RICS or CIPS
* Demonstrable experience of procurement in the construction industry (for buildings and civils) across both Works and Services, and the related forms of contract.
* A customer focussed approach.
* Excellent interpersonal, influential, communication and organisational skills
* Demonstrable track record of practical effectiveness in strategic sourcing and supply chain contexts.
* Strong commercial and negotiation skills.
* Proven track record of benefits delivery through the application of strategic sourcing techniques and
* use of relevant systems.
* An innovative approach to pricing strategies.
* Deals with people with integrity, providing constructive feedback.
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to interviewing all applicants who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria advertised. We are striving to achieve the 'two ticks' disability symbol and to create a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
Network Rail is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy