|Job Ref:||204625764||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||-||City:||Hamilton||Address:||Post Code:||ML3||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:16|
Marine Service Technician|
$22.00 Bermudian dollars per hour, equates to around £45,000 per annum
There is no income tax in Bermuda, employees pay some minor taxes
* MerCruiser Inboards and Inboard/Outboards - experience in servicing, troubleshooting and repairing the engines and outdrives... i.e. ALL Alpha & Bravo outdrives.
* Knowledge on emission control MerCruisers - troubleshooting, diagnosing & repairing with the special tools including the G3 diagnostic equipment.
* Mercury Outboards - troubleshooting, diagnosing & repairing 2 stroke carbureted, Optimax, Verado and ALL Mercury fourstroke product. Not essential but a plus.
* Experience on the Yamaha product. Not essential but a plus.
* Experience with CDS & the DDT tools used on both MerCruiser and Outboards.
* Experience with Joystick Piloting used on a few of the current outboard Mercury Engines.
* Knowledge of driving Manual vehicles.
* Electrical wiring, troubleshooting/repairing electrics/accessories, rigging, engine installations (MerCruiser & Outboard).
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Inspect and trouble shoot engines as required.
* Electronic repairs and installations on marine engines.
* Must be able to install motors and other boating equipment on all brands of boats.
* Routine maintenance according to manufacturer's recommendations.
* Maintain and repair hydraulic and mechanical steering systems.
* Maintain and repair electrical and mechanical pumps.
* Power washing, waxing and cleaning of boats and / or related boating equipment.
* Handling and operating all marine equipment / boats in a safe and considerate manner.
* Ensure that job sheets are properly filled out with the following information; time work commenced and ended, materials/parts used, and description of work performed.
* Responsible for Company tools and special equipment.
* Must wear Company uniform at all times.
* May be asked to perform other duties from time to time as requested by Management.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
* City & Guilds or Marine Technician Certification or equivalent for Yamaha, Suzuki, Mercury Mariner, Mercruiser.
* Minimum of five (5) years automotive and marine mechanic service and repair experience.
The successful candidate must be willing to work weekends and holidays as required. Skills and pre-employment drug testing will be administered.
Interested applicants should apply in writing and submit two (2) references, one from a previous employer.
To apply for this Marine Technician/Mechanic vacancy in Bermuda, please contact Ben Culley at Progress Recruitment Solutions (UK) Ltd quoting job reference PRS8205
Follow us on Twitter to see our latest vacancies first @progressrecruit
Key search words;
Marine | Jobs | Boats & Shipping | Technical & Service | Workshop | Technician | Mechanic | Hamilton | Bermuda