|Job Ref:||204625739||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sellafield||Address:||Post Code:||CA20||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:57|
Project Manager |
Contract long term
To manage, control and deliver Manufacturing / Installation project or a number of smaller projects simultaneously to the satisfaction of both the company and client
This responsibility can begin at tender or negotiations stage or commencement of Project on site.
- To administer the contract in accordance with the companies scope and role.
- To maximise the project margin & control costs
- To ensure that as far as is reasonably practicable the company is protected during contract negotiations, on-site works and post contract discussions, and to ensure that records are maintained throughout the project delivery.
- To foster relationships with suitable senior consultants/subcontractor personnel by working with heads of individual departments ensure that staff training is kept up to date and that 'fast track` personnel are identified and progressed accordingly
- Communicate the Company and Project strategy with the project team ensuring the objectives are met and understood, and liaise with the departmental teams and members to ensure that project needs are achieved.
Skills & Qualifications
- Good knowledge of the heating and ventilation industry, manufacturing techniques and site installation methods.
- Ability to represent the best interests of the company in direct dealings with clients, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Be aware of costs likely to be incurred by decisions made.
- Understanding of the companies contractual obligations.
- A good working knowledge of the operation of safe systems of work. An ability to develop client relationships at all levels.
- Be aware of differing forms of contract
- A conscientious, positive and reliable attitude to performing the task.
- Full UK driving licence
Highly desirable (but not essential)
- Degree / HND or HNC
- Membership of a Professional Body