|Job Ref:||204625600||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottingham||Address:||Post Code:||NG7||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:16|
Our client holds honesty and transparency at the forefront of its values and is a global organisation based in 40 countries. Within their exciting business unit based in the East Midlands and due to their continued expansion they are looking for a Senior Electrical Contract Engineer. |
The Senior Contracts Engineer assumes commercial responsibility and is the key contact toward the customer. This person would see the projects through from the beginning to end.
- Identifying projects and tenders. Responsibility for tenders until successful receipt of orders.
- Oversee the successful delivery of projects to scope, target cost, quality, programme and completion encompassing design, engineering, construction, handover and commercial aspects.
- Implement a full risk and value engineering management process where all risks and cost savings opportunities are identified and actioned.
- Ensure that project imperatives are clearly communicated and understood throughout the project and to others, as appropriate.
- Provide direction, motivation and leadership to both internal staff and external consultants or contractors engaged in providing technical support activities to the project.
- Responsible for all health, safety, environment and quality matters including driving excellence and championing continuous improvement.
Experience should include:
- Proven experience of working with and managing contracts within a traditional construction project.
- Experience within the mines, quarries and material handling industries would be preferred but are not essential.
- Sound understanding and experience in the application of safety legislation and corporate safety procedures, including CDM.
- Good understanding of commercial issues affecting project performance and experience in assessing value / evaluating variations of works undertaken.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality.
- Ability to deliver projects and possess the organisational skills required to do so to demanding deadlines.
- Good management skills, with the ability to motivate employees to achieve.
If you are interested in this exciting role then please send your CV to via the normal system for the attention of Richard Sutton.
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don`t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us at (url removed)/candidate-registration