|Job Ref:||204625204||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Lancashire||Address:||Post Code:||BB5||Salary:||£30000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:16|
QUALITY ENGINEER / QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER|
£30,000 - In House Training - Career Development - Benefits
JAM Recruitment are representing a leader in the textile industry and we are seeking a Quality Engineer to join their highly successful Quality team. If you have quality engineering experience in the textile industry, get in touch!
Reporting to the Quality Manager you will supervise all preparation and production activities and lead teams to ensure all customer requirements and KPI's are achieved. Working closely with both the production and quality teams.
* To drive performance improvement regarding all aspects of quality management relating to the reduction of cost and number of site quality complaints and service.
* To implement effective and timely systems, communication, SOP's, training and processes to drive product quality improvement, high OTIF(On time in full) performance.
* To drive proactive team approach and systems aligned to RFT (right first time).
* To deliver a customer focused quality approach.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (Note: In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out other duties and responsibilities for which they are suitably trained as reasonably required).
1. Own and fully manage customer complaints. Including:
a. Effective, timely team 8D's.
b. Customer communication.
c. Internal complaint communication (including quality alerts and the team daily meeting).
d. SOP's & internal fault books, with associated training systems.
e. Chairing an effective weekly team complaints review.
f. Ensure timely response and closure of complaint related 8D's, with audit verification of corrective action.
2. Manage the QR & IN roll quantities to target. Including:
a. Chair effective weekly team review of QR & IN
b. Drive internal A3 regarding most significant contributors to QR, to effectively reduce the inflow to QR.
3. Drive proactive quality approach in the manufacturing departments via:
a. Team 8D use and involvement.
b. Regular quality communication (site newsletter, Dept. quality boards; quality alerts; tool box talks; daily 11 am team update and weekly complaints & CI review).
c. Introduce weekly Quality Walk process within all areas of the business in conjunction with Operational Staff.
4. Assist in the set up and maintenance of quality documentation including the creation and maintenance of product, raw material and customer specifications.
5. Assist in the formation of specifications in Mertex contain adequate data to enable automatic generation of TDS and provision of specifications for quality assurance activities such as product approval and C of A's.
6. Preparation of reports relating to documentation and specifications as required to monitor ongoing system performance. This includes monitoring raw material, product and machine performance records to identify trends and changes that need investigation.
7. Support the Quality Assurance Manager and Quality Co-ordinator with internal audits, internal and external calibration and quality system enquiries.
8. Entry of policies, procedures, SOP's and forms onto the system under direction from all departments to ensure that the documents are appropriately verified.
9. Complete all tasks ensuring a maintained culture of openness, honesty and integrity.
10. Ensure that all equipment is maintained and in good working order and all associated workspaces are kept safe, clean and ready for use in accordance with safety regulations and Company policy.
11. Support continuous improvement initiatives as required.
Maintain a safe and healthy working environment to include all aspects of good housekeeping
* HND (or equivalent) in a science or engineering discipline
* Minimum 2 years' experience in a quality role
* Minimum 2 years' experience in a manufacturing environment
* Experience of developing a quality culture
* Internal / external customer facing experience / dealing with customer complaints / customer communication
* Knowledge of a manufacturing environment
* 8D problem-solving techniques & team work
* Data analysis and reporting
* Continuous improvement processes
SKILLS & COMPETANCIES:
* Ability to manage projects from cradle to grave
* Proven project leadership and motivational skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to influence effectively
* Ability to communicate effectively with team members, directors and stakeholders, suppliers, sub-contractors and internal/external customers on all quality issues.
* Ability to prioritise own workload and deal with tasks on behalf of others
* Preparing good quality documentation - i.e. for quality plans / walks / department boards / SOP's
* Proven IT skills using MS office
* Organised, methodical
* Attention to detail
* Ability to work with teams to identify root cause & corrective countermeasures
* Self-motivated / autonomous
* Good communicator
* Ability to use own initiative / sound decision making
* Works well with cross functional teams
* Flexible, reliable, respectful and honest
* Willingness to learn and develop
* Positive creative energy to contribute new ideas and processes
* Driven to achieve targets / deadlines / objectives
In return our client offers real career development and training, with an excellent opportunity to undertake externally verified training programmes as well as taking home a competitive salary.
If you wish to apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter via this advert to Martin Smallshaw at JAM Recruitment. Applicants will only be considered if they are deemed to have relevant experience.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position