|Job Ref:||204624984||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Swindon||Address:||Post Code:||DY3||Salary:||£28 - £35/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:16|
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Technician|
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is a growing innovative developer of new technology in process engineering and manufacture. Due to new product development and company expansion they are looking to increase their operations team. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the success of a growing company and make a real difference.
Reporting to the Factory Manager the Senior Mechanical Technician will provide mechanical assembly & modification support for the manufacture and maintenance of the company products/process equipment and facilities. Team work is paramount as they will support the Research & Development, Design & Operations teams during testing, manufacturing and commissioning phases. The Senior Mechanical Technician will also be required to build, train, support and maintain a skilled team to deliver both manufacturing and offsite maintenance and operations tasks within the Company.
- Installation of mechanical systems at the company assembly plant.
- Installation and commissioning of machines at client sites.
- Oversee the maintenance of the machine once in operation.
- Guide and support the design team regarding assembly problems and potential solutions.
- Generate plans for reducing onsite commissioning lead times and costs.
- Support the assembly, modification and maintenance of testing and prototype rigs.
- Develop, train and supervise a team of mechanical technicians that will be able to provide clients onsite commissioning & maintenance services.
- Assist in developing the company's Quality, H&S & 5S programs.
- Provide performance analysis and reports against agreed KPI's and communicate these to all levels of the organization
-Demonstrable experience of mechanical assembly, commissioning and maintenance, manufacturing and production principles and preventative maintenance programs.
-Experience working at a senior level role
- Formal qualification on mechanical engineering discipline (HND/HNC/City & Guilds/ NVQ)
- Assembly and maintenance of various plant items including vessels, pipes, pumps, motors, fans, compressors, heat exchangers and valves.
- Ability to read, work from and assist in the development of engineering drawings.
- Welding (MIG and TIG) and fabrication skills would be preferable.
- Readiness to travel where and when required.
- Keen knowledge of lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Demonstrable ability to create and lead a team
To make an application for this role or to find out more information please contact Roisin Vance on or on NA.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Omega Resource Group is a technical and engineering specialist agency and we also recruit for Mechanical Technicians, Mechanical Fitters, Development Technicians, Test Technician, Electrical Technicians, Electronic Technicians, Mechanical Assemblers and Mechanical Engineers.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy