|Job Ref:||204624153||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum + Car / Car Allowance||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:18|
Excellent opportunity to join an industry leading Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance company based out of their offices in Cambridge. We are actively seeking a motivated and driven Contracts Manager who is mechanically biased to manage multiple maintenance (PPM) contracts. The ideal candidate will have exposure and experience within commercial maintenance is essential that they have exposure to mechanical engineering (HVAC & Gas).|
The appointed Contracts Manager would be expected to manage a portfolio of contracts and be able to directly manage engineers, financial performance and be able to produce Quotes / Estimates for works.
Main Objectives & Key Tasks
• The Contracts Manager will be actively managing a portfolio of service ,maintenance and reactive contracts.
• To actively manage a proportion of Business Development to a set monthly target.
• Carry out close financial management and budgetary control on portfolio.
• To carry out works to achieve set margins and within budget.
• Manage invoice and debt procedures on a monthly basis.
• Prepare reports and present monthly review meetings to general manager.
• Conduct service engineer meetings.
• Carry out personal development reviews for staff and engineers.
• Plan and deliver mobilisation for all new contracts.
• Manage all operatives, ensuring that discipline and good practices are employed.
• To oversee monthly toolbox talks are completed with all operatives.
• To audit works, ensuring maintenance is completed on time and projects are completed to budget.
• Supervising helpdesk facility ensuring works are completed effectively and efficiently.
• Producing quotations for project works.
• Close management of cash flow and debtor days - carry out monthly meetings with credit control as cash/debt management.
• Producing regular reports for our clients. Comprising operational and financial data to set timescales and set parameters.
• Reviewing on monthly basis, alongside accounts dept P&L status for each service contract.
• Attend site meetings with existing and new clients. Be able to carry out presentations with Microsoft Powerpoint.
• Ensure that Local Services are operating in accordance with relevant Health & Safety, ISO9001 Quality Management System and ongoing ISO14001, 18001 Environmental and Health & Safety Management Systems.
• Undertake any other duties as requested from time to time.
• Be prepared to travel as and when required the contracts dictate.
Skills, Knowledge & Competencies required
• An overall knowledge and understanding of a wide variety of HVAC systems and statutory PPM regulations.
• The ability to plan ahead, co-ordinate and prioritise workloads for self and others.
• Good communication skills, both written and oral.
• Good man management and motivational skills.
• The ability to work under pressure to meet set deadlines.
• Good numeracy and literacy skills.
• The ability to multi-task and be methodical.
• The ability to read, interpret and fully understand commercial documents.
• A proactive approach to problem solving.
• A basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project.
• A good knowledge of all aspects of health and safety within the industry and the ability to implement control measures at site level.
• Good leadership skills.
• A high level of discretion when handling confidential information.
• Consistently protect the company's contractual position.
Measurement of achievement
• The production, timing and accuracy of reports.
• Knowledge of the financial status of contracts under his/her control at any one time.
• Ensuring all correspondence is actioned.
• Consistently good financial returns on contracts, reactive works and projects, taking into account all relevant factors.
• A professional attitude and appearance and approach to meetings, timekeeping, attendance generally and interaction with others both internally and externally.
• The control of labour and subcontractors, for both performance and cost.
• Positive feedback from clients
• To perform the tasks as detailed within the job description within specified deadlines.
• Good motivation and morale of the Contracts Manager's team.
• To have a thorough knowledge of all current health and safety requirements for the building services industry and control or lower accidents and RIDDOR incidents.
If you feel your background and experience are a good match for this position or would like to know more about the position please don't hesitate to contact Peter Davies on (Apply online only) please submit your application as directed