|Job Ref:||204624024||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£32000 - £50000/annum OTE £50K, Co. Vehicle, 33 days ho||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:18|
XCL Management are working with a client to hire an experienced Technical Support Engineer. This is a great opportunity to join a company who are leaders in their industry and are part of a Global blue chip organisation. |
This role will be working at the Bristol site and will include Worldwide travel. The company are a leading manufacturer of Packaging Machinery.
The successful Candidate:
Minimum Qualifications: Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent. ONC/ HNC or above in Electrical or Electro/Mechanical engineering is desirable.
Skills & Experience ( minimum 3 years in the following)
- Working with packaging machinery or similar equipment
- Computer based electro/mechanical control equipment
- Understanding and trouble shooting machine related PLC programmes
- Ability to understand electrical and mechanical drawings
- Ability to use own initiative and engineering skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Installation - including service tasks. Commissioning of machines and running equipment in a production environment to an agreed specification level.
- Training - Customer and Distributor personnel in operation and routine maintenance.
- Maintenance - Assessment of maintenance needs and parts required to bring the machine to satisfactory performance level. Advising customer of future maintenance programmes and operator training.
- Breakdowns / Troubleshooting - short notice call outs ( including weekends and out of hours) . Liaise with design engineers if modifications are required. Completing detailed visit reports. Field diagnostics and rectification and electrical programming issues.
- Respond to customer technical support queries .
- Performance Quality Review - attend start up meetings of new machines. Attend design reviews.
- Technical Support to Sales- where necessary attend exhibitions. Attend site with Sales Managers to provide technical and consultancy advice.
This position includes extensive Worldwide Travel and experience of this is essential .
T37.5 hour standard week and overtime at weekends and out of hours. OTE of £50K plus. Company Vehicle ( Mid Range Saloon) , Expenses reimbursed at cost