|Job Ref:||204623810||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wembley||Address:||Post Code:||HA9||Salary:||£32000 - £35000/annum + BENEFITS||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:57|
HGV Workshop Supervisor|
£32k - 35k
Workshop Supervisor Urgently required for a multinational organisation You will be the senior member of staff tasked to Lead the HGV engineering team within the workshop, managing resources within budget and time to ensure the provision of sufficient vehicles, of the required standard of reliability, presentation and condition for the operational requirements of the business.
* Ensure that sufficient clean, reliable and road-worthy vehicles are available throughout the working day for allocation to service
* Ensure that engineering lost mileage is kept to a minimum and take decisive and appropriate action if problems arise
* Oversee the provision of comprehensive engineering support for fleet vehicles both on and off road.
* Ensure the team are providing engineering services in as cost effective and efficient manner as possible.
* Ensure that all vehicles are maintained to company and VOSA standards.
* Meet deadlines and standards for planned maintenance service, ensuring that both the premises and plant budgets are adhered to.
* Plan ahead and have effective scheduling systems for vehicle maintenance to minimise engineering lost mileage
* Regularly review departmental performance and introduce new ideas to improve the function and business outcomes
* Effectively manage external contractors and agency temps according to Company guidelines
* Ensure that general engineering workshop 'housekeeping' and working practices are kept to very high standard.
* Ensure that equipment maintenance regimes are kept up to date and items are safe for use.
* Ensure all engineering premises are kept tidy and well maintained and any required premises repairs are reported and followed up.
* Provide all engineering services within the financial parameters of the garage budget and key performance indicators.
* Manage premises budget and identify areas for improvement.
* Oversee the cost effective provision of any outsourced services.
* Full and current driving licence