|Job Ref:||204623775||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum + overtime + benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:57|
MTS are recruiting for a large Public Transport company with a sizeable depots in different London locations. Due to continued growth we are looking to recruit skilled Bus Mechanics / PSV Technicians / HGV Engineers on a full time permanent basis. Temporary contracts also available - Day and Nights shifts, including weekends.|
We are looking for fully skilled and versatile mechanics to join our busy engineering team. You will ideally have previous experience of working on buses and/or coaches; although other experience with heavy vehicles would also be considered.
Applicants must have automotive experience, served a recognised apprenticeship and hold NVQ Level 3 or equivalent national qualifications in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance.
Our Bus Mechanics will have to be able to cope with the day to day pressures that a normal vehicle workshop brings and be able to make decisions when faced with breakdowns or vehicle accidents. Holding a Commercial License would be an advantage if applying for night shifts.
On a permanent basis our client makes a commitment to all of its employees that that they will provide professional qualifications and an excellent range of benefits to include:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Free travel for you, and your partner on all London Buses / Underground / DLR and Tramlink
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free issue PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
Skills required and main responsibilities of the role include:
- Undertaking Vehicle maintenance, servicing and running repairs on a varied fleet (including M.O.T preparation)
- Prompt Repair of all defective vehicles to the highest standard
- Ensure vehicles are maintained in accordance with the Company Operators License guidelines
- Ensure all repairs to company vehicles are carried out in a timely manner
- Ability to organise daily workload
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team and provide support to colleagues
- Flexible approach to duties and tasks
- Cooperation with engineering colleagues in a collaborative manner
- Able to work to deadlines and be punctual
- Habit to work to the highest Health & Safety standards