|Job Ref:||204623725||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Burnley||Address:||Post Code:||BB11||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum Benefits + Overtime||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:57|
Senior Buyer - Burnley - c. £35,000|
Our client is an award winning Automotive and Aerospace Engineering Manufacturer based in the Burnley area. They currently require an experienced Senior Buyer to join the expanding team to help with Sourcing, negotiating and buying of goods, materials and services to meet the Company's operational requirements. They operate from state of the art facilities and have around 140 staff with a turnover in excess of £18m and room for further development and new opportunities.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
* Purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
* This role has greater responsibility and accountability than a Buyer and includes some people management responsibility.
* The job holder may take responsibility for a specific project or hold a larger remit in terms of purchasing responsibility.
General and Task Management
* Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
* Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
* Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
* Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
* Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required
* Develop creative and innovative procurement processes
* Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
* Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
* Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
* Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
* Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures and the Official Journal of the European Community (OJEU) guidance during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
* Explore alternate sources for goods and materials
* Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organisational targets and requirements
* Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers
* Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
* Mentor and coach the Assistant Buyer to enhance their career and professional development
* Work collaboratively and negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities
* Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
* Support product change requests and review and communicate the impact on capacity plans
* Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and ensure good communications
* Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
* Embraces personal challenge & is confident and a rounded thinker
* Is self-aware, assertive, optimistic and open to change
* Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working with others
Skills and Attributes:
* Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
* Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
* Analytical, numerically astute with strong proven problem solving abilities
* Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
* Commercially and financially aware
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
* Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, HNC, City & Guilds Licentiateship, BTec Higher Professional Diploma, or equivalent NVQ Level 4 qualifications.
* Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
* Proven purchasing experience, preferably within an automotive or manufacturing environment
* Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
* Contract management and supplier experience
* Project management experience
*** If you are interested in applying and have the right previous experienced, skills and abilities - please forward your CV to Adam or call for further information