|Job Ref:||204626859||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Thornbury||Address:||Post Code:||BD3||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum + Overtime, Pension, 25 Days Holiday||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:19|
Automation Controls Engineer (PLC and/or SCADA) |
£35,000 to £40,000 + Paid Overtime after 40 Hours + 5% Pension + 25 Days Bank Holiday
Automation Controls Engineer required with knowledge of PLC controls and/or SCADA for a well-respected specialist Industrial automation company.
You will get involved in project based design of PLC programmes and SCADA configurations. The role is 75% office based but will involve 25% travel throughout the UK.
The company have a long history and are renowned for their innovative bespoke controls and automation solutions. They have a diverse client base that includes nuclear decommissioning, CHP and power generation. They have some impressive growth forecasts and due to the size of the business, the role will be diverse.
* Responsible for taking a project from its inception through to final commissioning. This will include documentation, testing, validation and customer support.
* Siemens/Rockwell PLC software.
* SCADA configuration.
* Writing of functional and test specifications.
* Commissioning on site in both UK and abroad. Travelling away from the office would typically be likely to be around 25% of the engineer's time, and although mainly in the UK, could also include foreign travel.
* From a PLC and/or SCADA controls background.
* Will be able to design PLC programmes from scratch and/or configure SCADA systems.
* Will hold a full and valid UK driving licence and be prepared for infrequent travel involving some stay away