|Job Ref:||204623493||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:18|
Advisory Group Director, Water Central|
We are an independent, international, engineering and project management consultancy with over 130 years of experience. Our professionals deliver services in the fields of aviation, buildings, energy, industry, infrastructure, maritime, mining, transport, urban and rural planning, and water.
Backed by the expertise and experience of nearly 7,000 colleagues across the world, we work for public and private clients in more than 130 countries. We work with our clients to deliver the engineering and environmental solutions they need to help them achieve their ambitions, while responding to some of the world's most pressing challenges
We are currently looking to recruit an Advisory Group Director to lead and develop our Water Central team based in Peterborough. You will be a member of the Business Unit management team, and are jointly responsible for the performance of the whole Business Unit.
As Advisory Group Director for Water Central, you will have overall responsibility for market, products and services, results and quality, client satisfaction and staff. Leading the Advisory Group in terms of staff and day-to-day management combined with the responsibilities of sales, project delivery and technical expertise (i.e. direct fee earning business). It is generally expected that the Advisory Group Director will average 30% fee earning business.
The role is based in the Peterborough office but does require regular travel across the UK to other offices or overseas occasionally.
You will be responsible for the following:
• Strategic leadership
• Financial controls
• Internal operations/ business processes
• Projects/ Proposals
• Clients/ Markets
• People Management
For full details please see attached job description.
• Strong market and industry knowledge and presence
• Experience within public and private sector, in relation to flood resilience, environmental management and / or planning & development.
• Proven track record in leading large multidisciplinary teams, driving change programmes and achieving results
• Experience of managing a Profit & Loss
• Strong commercial acumen and judgement
• Experience of working with joint ventures / major partnering agreements and suppliers
• Experience of being part of a management team
• Degree level qualification in a relevant subject
• Hold relevant professional Chartership
• Foreign language skills
• International Experience
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes. We also offer a car allowance, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy