|Job Ref:||204623413||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Essex||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum + bonus + pension + h/care + l/cover||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:57|
Engineering Buyer / Procurement|
* Based or willing to relocate to Essex
* £30,000 - £40,000
* Pension (max 5%), health care, life cover and 25 days' leave
* Progression into a Purchasing Manager within three years
My client is a leading provider of machinery supplied into a range of industrial manufacturing market sectors. My client specialises in design, manufacture, site installation and project management providing total turnkey solutions to blue chip customers around the world.
Established for over 30 years, this business generates an impressive £15m worth of annual sales and part of a global group generating annual sales in-excess of £70 million. This business has experienced significant growth over the past five years and as a result, they now need to strengthen the Supply Chain / Purchasing / Buying Department and are looking to recruit a self-motivated Engineering Buyer / Procurement Specialist, with a desire to progress into a management position within a two to three-year time frame.
Engineering Buyer / Procurement:
* Direct and indirect material purchase, process parts order request issued by Engineers ranging from plastic, steel and parts made from special materials.
* You will need to understand the product and supplier capabilities.
* Procurement of engineered parts for the build high value equipment.
* Re-negotiate prices & contracts with suppliers and to challenge suppliers to ensure cost effective agreements are in place.
* Buying non production parts and managing supplier relationships.
* Responsible for sourcing materials / parts, managing quotations and negotiating & winning contracts.
* Actively achieve annual cost saving targets and inventory management.
* Supplier development and performance monitoring.
* To drive improvements and efficiencies by improving supplier relationships.
Experience & background:
* Experienced in Engineering Procurement, Technical Buyer or Engineering Buyer.
* Must have worked in a technical / engineering / manufacturing environment.
* You must have a desire to be a Purchasing Manager within a two to three-year time frame.
* Excellent negotiation skills and willing to travel as and when required.
* Excellent relationship building skills, proactive and willing to challenge suppliers.
* Based Essex.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Engineering Buyer / Procurement Specialist to join a business that is financially secure and stable. A large proportion of my client's staff have been with the business for over 20 years' therefore, they can provide job security and training & support to ensure you become chartered.
This aside the business requires this person to aspire to a managerial role within a three-year time frame where you will become the Purchasing Manager with complete responsibility for all purchasing activities across the business. Further past that there will be other opportunities to progress, roles such as Operations Management or Project Management.
How to Apply:
Please click "apply" or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment in Leicester on (Apply online only) or alternatively, please email me an up to date copy of your CV to
ATA Recruitment specialise in technical & engineering positions, so if this particular role is not for you, please do have a look on our website for further potential opportunities which may suit your skills and experience better - If you have the skill, we have the recruitment knowledge and together we can find you your perfect job -
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK. Sponsorship is not provided