|Job Ref:||204622984||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Warwickshire||Address:||Post Code:||B49||Salary:||£50000 - £55000/annum benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:18|
Job Accountabilities of the successful Technical Manager;|
* To ensure bespoke electrical control solutions are effectively designed to meet the product and time-scale needs of customers, meet industry standards and are commercially viable. This will require the job holder to engage in design activity when extra resource is needed using AutoCAD and plc programming knowledge.
* To manage the team so that their activities are effectively organised and focused to achieve the technical objectives of the Company. This requires motivating an appropriately qualified and trained team to give their best, recognising and rewarding high performance and developing this through coaching and feedback.
* To specify, source, develop and approve new products which contribute to extending the customer product range and meet the Company's current marketing objectives.
* To ensure that electrical production is carried out in an efficient manner to meet quality and health and safety standards and within budget.
* To ensure provision of comprehensive and effective technical training support to customers and staff.
* To maintain up to date knowledge on Industry standards and products, providing expertise when required by colleagues and customers.
* To ensure effective support is provided to enable the timely resolution of customer returns and on site product issues through electrical fault analysis and the development of effective solutions.
* To contribute to the success and development of the Company by championing, supporting and being involved in other projects as required.
The successful Technical Manager will have;
* Graduate intellect
* Experience of managing technical staff through line management or project management roles.
* Successful project management experience
* A formal engineering qualification with significant electrical content to degree/equivalent level.
* An understanding of mechanical engineering principles
* Essential knowledge through study or experience of single and three phase motors and controls.
* Essential practical experience of Auto Cad/similar, PLC programming and able to interpret electrical schematic drawings.
* Desirable knowledge through study or experience of frequency invertors; voltage invertors; battery back up supplies; the BS7671 Standard Requirements for Electrical Installations
* Desirable practical experience of electrical control panel manufacturing; and fault finding and diagnostics on electrical control systems.
If you believe you have the relevant skill set and knowledge to join this aspiring company's success in the position of Technical Manager, please apply here with an up to date CV.
Premier are acting as an employment agency