|Job Ref:||204624917||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Warrington||Address:||Post Code:||MK46||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum Car + Package||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:16|
Proposals Engineer (M&E) - Warrington|
A vacancy has arisen for a Proposals Engineer within a prestigious national M&E contractor that service the water and technologies sector. Reporting to the Proposals Manager, you will be involved in the preparation of tenders for Mechanical / Electrical and Combined schemes, predominately in the water industry.
The main duties include following:
* Reviewing enquiry documentation to fully determine and understand the conditions set out
* Lead the bid process to ensure timely production of submission documentation
* Manage tender quality documentation and tender plans
* Attend site visits and client meetings to ascertain scheme requirements
* Review commercial & technical risks for best solution(s)
* Identify potential risks and opportunities associated with the works
* Ascertain preliminary and detailed design requirements and solutions
* Prepare subcontract & materials enquiries and review subsequent quotations
* Compilation of MEICA installation prices including material, plant and labour elements
* Management of sub-contractor design and tender submissions
* Prepare accurate cost estimates for the management & design resources required to carry out the works in accordance with agreed programme & engineering requirements
* Preparation of tender quality submission documents including technical reports, provisional programmes, draft risk assessments and method statements
* Prepare the commercial tender for submission to the Client
* Prepare and present tender proposals to Clients and directors
* Negotiation with clients following submission of tenders
* Prepare and present the commercial handover documents to the contract delivery teams on secured schemes
Skills and Qualifications
* An industry applicable ONC/HNC/NA or NVQ equivalent
* Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
* Ability to be able to organise and prioritise workload
* A proactive approach
* Excellent communication skills
* A high level of diplomacy and customer focus
* A proven track record of securing profitable work within the industry
* Commercial and contractual awareness.
* Negotiation skills.
* Working knowledge of project programming software (Microsoft Project, Primavera, etc.)
* Experience in UK Water Industry
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business