|Job Ref:||204624654||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£30000 - £42000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:18|
Job Title: Senior | Principal Geo-Environmental Consultant|
Salary: £30K - £42K
We are looking to recruit a Senior or Principal Geo-Environmental Consultant / Engineer to provide site supervision and factual reporting to support our growing geo-environmental business in the South West and nationally. You will be working as part of the Consulting Land Team, with focus on delivering strategic land consultancy services primarily to the commercial property sector across the UK.
Core work includes:
1. Desk studies and walkovers
2. Safe planning of work programmes (Heath and Safety & Risk Assessments and Method Statements)
3. Designing and supervising Ground Investigations
4. Scheduling laboratory testing
5. Factual reporting
6. Interpretative reporting (with support from senior staff)
7. Supporting the consulting team deliver a broad range services around site investigation, contaminated land assessment, geotechnics, flooding and drainage.
1. Educated to degree level (BSc/BEng) in physical geography or geology graduate (or similar).
2. Be working towards achieving chartered status with a relevant institution (CGeol, CEnv, CEng or CIWEM).
3. Positive and pro-active attitude to team work.
4. Strong personal desire to learn and develop your career.
5. Good technical understanding of geology and site investigation works and an appreciation of their application to ground engineering and contaminated land.
6. An appreciation of engineering geology in the context of brownfield site reclamation and remediation.
7. Excellent communication and writing skills.
8. Full UK driving licence.
9. Proficient in the use of spreadsheet and word processing software.
1. Masters degree (MSc / MEng) in soil mechanics, engineering geology, environmental geology or related discipline.
2. Extensive experience working in a consultancy or contractor background.
3. Technical strength in Site Investigation (methods and delivery) and either Contaminated Land and/or Geotechnics (preferably both).
4. Working knowledge of GIS and/or CAD.
5. Working knowledge of GINT/HoleBASE software.
6. Previous experience of developing and administrating Health and Safety plans for intrusive investigation works.
7. Experience of work in other related industries would be beneficial (Waste & Compliance, Water, Minerals, Transport and Infrastructure, Energy)
What do you do now?
For more information on this role, please contact David So on (Apply online only) or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn