|Job Ref:||204624571||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Colchester||Address:||Post Code:||CO2||Salary:||£32000 - £45000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:18|
Electrical Controls Engineer|
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 + benefits
Location: Colchester, North Essex
We are a control systems integration company specialising in power generation and distribution both in the UK and overseas. We work closely with generator and switchgear manufactures designing and commissioning their control systems, which include PLCs and SCADA, and we also provide turn-key control systems for various end-user companies worldwide.
The company is experiencing rapid growth and we are looking for an Electrical Controls Engineering to join our team. The successful applicant will report to and work closely with the Electrical Design Engineer. They will be required to liaise with clients, complete design drawings, PLC, SCADA and controller coding, test and commission on time and to the high level of quality our clients expect.
Qualifications and Experience:
- HND/HNC or Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Specialising in Control Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a closely related discipline
- Experience designing and using control systems, SCADA systems and PLC essential
- Experience in power generation control systems desirable
- The ideal candidate will have had experience managing projects
The Ideal Candidate will be:
- Confident and enthusiastic, with a commitment and eagerness to learn and develop new skills
- Show initiative, be a self starter and have the ability to work autonomously
- Work to high standards, be precise and work within agreed time scales
- Create electrical schematic and layout drawings
- Use software packages for
- PLC programming (Mitsubishi, Schneider and Allen Bradley)
- HMI and SCADA design (Citect and Genesis32)
- Component and network programming
- Assist in the installation and commissioning of generators
- Work with generator controllers (ComAp and Deepsea)
- Take projects from concept and detail of the design through to implementation, testing and commissioning
- Create project schedules, lists, test documents and manuals
- Research suitable solutions to design challengers and estimate costs and timescales
- Fault finding and service
The successful applicant will be required to work directly with clients on client sites and therefore a professional attitude and appearance as well as excellent communication skills are essential to the role.
There is scope and incentive for career advancement, learning and developing new skills and becoming an expert in the field of power generation and HV network control systems.
A laptop and mobile phone will be provided, as well as access to a company vehicle for work related purposes.
This role involves site work throughout the UK and occasionally overseas. Successful candidates must hold a valid passport and full UK drivers license