|Job Ref:||204624562||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Wiltshire||Address:||Post Code:||BA15||Salary:||£20 - £28/hour||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:18|
Bridge Structures Technician|
Carrington West on behalf of their client are currently recruiting for a Bridge Structure Technician based in Wiltshire.
The Bridge Structure Technician will be required to assist the Bridges & Structures Manager in the management and maintenance of the clients Highway Structures.
Main responsibilities of the Bridge Structures Technician are
- The identification of defects and maintenance requirements from the on-going inspection programmes and take forward of maintenance schemes from concept to implementation on site
- You will be primarily responsible for inspection of structures, subsequent planning and design of maintenance & improvement works, including site supervision and contract administration
- To carry out programmed Inspections (General, Principle & Special), including emergency inspections, of Highway Infrastructure structure assets, other corporate bridge assets.
- Provide technical assistance and support to the Bridges and Structures Group
- Able to provide Structural Engineering input into Bridge and MSCP Maintenance schemes. These typically include the design of Maintenance works, repairs, refurbishment and improvement of existing structures.
The Bridge Structures Technician will have knowledge and experience in
- HND or equivalent in Civil or Structural Engineering, plus extensive relevant experience in Highway Structure and MSCP Inspection & Maintenance
- Bridge inspections to Highways (BCI) format
- Design Office Experience
- Confident and effective communicator
- Experience of highway bridge inspection including current BCI reporting format
- Working knowledge of Design & Assessment codes for Bridges and MSCP structures
- Knowledge of bridge maintenance strategy, policies and procedures, relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice and materials specification & testing
- Construction site experience, including knowledge of highway structure & MSCP
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Jason Kohle at Carrington West on (Apply online only).
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jason at Carrington West on (Apply online only) for more information