|Job Ref:||204624352||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Shropshire||City:||Bridgnorth||Address:||Post Code:||WV16||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:18|
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer |
As a successful applicant, you would be expected to:
- Work closely with the sales team, which will involve meeting with clients and discuss there needs, requirements and any limitations and develop those into a workable solution to the problem.
- Produce sales drawings and technical specifications for both internal costing and submission to clients for approval.
- Read, understand and implement customer produced specifications for products and services.
- Identify and produce calculations, analyses, and designs to demonstrate acceptable performance or identify design issues.
- Author and update major technical documents (e.g. O & M's, method statements, product risk assessments, installation & commissioning instruction).
- Support bidding activities and produce proposal documents.
- Manage task delivery against Time, Cost and Quality requirements.
- Support our QA process through review or checking colleagues' work.
- Lead presentations to clients.
- Lead or work within project teams (though some independent work, including placements at clients' sites, may be required).
- Undertake on site activities including commissioning and handover of equipment.
- Take responsibility for the quality and delivery of your own work
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions.
- Ability to work effectively within multidisciplinary environment and with client stakeholders, and manage these relationships effectively.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements.
- The drive and self motivation to continuously develop your technical & behavioural skills.
- HND minimum or ideally Degree-qualified or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Knowledge and experience of Crane design and/or lifting equipment including CE certification requirements.
- The ability to apply existing technical expertise and a sound understanding of mechanical engineering principles to varied projects and domains.
- A desire to be challenged and to contribute to the success of the business.
- Experience in one or more of the following technical disciplines is desirable:
- Stress analysis by hand calculation
- Fatigue and fracture assessment
- Structural dynamics
- Design and substantiation of components, structures or tooling
- 2D Computer Aided Design (preferably AutoCad)
- 3D Computer Aided Design (preferably Solid Edge)
- Site commissioning and equipment handover experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Customer facing and specification development experience.
Experience in one or more of the following industry domains are also desirable:
- Mechanical handling equipment.
- Hydraulic press manufacture.
- Specialist bespoke machine deign and manufacture.
- Railway depot equipment.
- General engineering fabrication.
Although based in Bridgnorth, Shropshire, the opportunity brings the successful applicant the opportunity to visit site and clients across the UK. Flexibility on working hours and location together with a willingness to see projects through to completion is beneficial.
The company are a diverse engineering design and manufacturing company with full installation, commissioning and training capabilities within a wide range of industrial sectors.
Their multi-sector experience covers, the rail industry, timber engineering, hydraulic presses, access equipment and materials handling; they work across the entire life of a project from concept to commissioning and ongoing maintenance.
The Design team is currently evolving to meet ongoing and increasing demands from our ever growing list of clients. The team's work supports a number of large clients in there ongoing drive for continual improvement, increased productivity, increase operator safety and maintaining high levels of quality assurance. Engineers working within the team therefore have the opportunity to challenge themselves through delivering interesting and varied projects for a range of different clients and industries.
Applicants for this position must have the right to work in the UK without restriction