|Job Ref:||204624229||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Northamptonshire||Address:||Post Code:||NN13||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum + Overtime + Benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:18|
Electrical Service Engineer|
£35-40k plus Overtime plus Company Vehicle
Mobile Midlands and Surrounding area
We are working on behalf of an outstanding, specialist Data-Centre - Design and Build company. They have designed, constructed and maintained Data Centres of all sizes across the UK. Due to their continued business success they have a new exciting opportunity for a mobile Electrical Service Engineer. Our client has been established for over twenty years. This mobile Electrical Service Engineer role shall cover the Midlands region.
Ideally this electrically biased service engineer will be located between Luton and Leicester and will have demonstrable knowledge of electrical Data-centre maintenance. The work is predominately electrically biased and will typically include maintenance of UPS and switch gear equipment, power supplies and also additional small works. Knowledge of generators will be useful.
You must be client facing as you will be the first point of contact and have a good understanding of H&S procedures.
This role includes regular maintenance duties and you will be required to be on call once every 4-5 weeks. You will be provided with a company vehicle and there is the opportunity to for overtime.
You main responsibilities shall include:
* Assisting with incident management and subsequent investigation to establish root cause.
* Overseeing the operation and maintenance of data centre critical service systems
* Carrying out small electrical works as required
Experience and qualifications required:
* Experience with UPS contractors, running generators, light repairs, batteries and general maintenance.
* Understands the full range of M & E equipment in modern Data Centre environment
* Good communication skills and a team player and good team management skills.
* Capable of managing initial incident response and clear escalations to client representatives
* A City & Guilds qualification to the 17th Edition
This role will offer excellent opportunities for career development and training and subsequent earning potential