|Job Ref:||GAR16-5865-H-1||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Garland||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 05:12|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.|
• Knowledge and capability of operating special equipment and precision measuring equipment as related to the warehouse.
• Requires the ability to understand work instructions and be able to understand how these instructions relate to meeting product specifications.
• Receives incoming material, verifies it with documentation and processes as applicable.
• Coordinates with other departments as needed, including Purchasing, Production, Maintenance, Quality.
• Traffic Management.
• Perform Inventory cycle counts and maintains inventory accuracy.
• Prepares product for shipping.
• Prepares shipping documentation.
• Supports Internal and External Customers.
• Receive, unpack, count, sort, measure, segregate, accurately identify, and store incoming material.
• Issue materials to Production line and process centers.
• Take completions and maintain accurate inventory in the MRP/ERP system.
• Requires the ability to work as a team member, in varying situations, and with a wide variety of people.
• Must be able to follow company and OSHA safety regulations and must be able to set a good example for other employees.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be able to organize and complete tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager.
• Understand operating time standards and be able to work efficiently.
• Possess and utilize leadership, verbal and written communicative skills in dealing with internal and external customers.
Skills and qualifications required include the following but are not limited to:
• At least four (4) year of warehouse and inventory control experience and must be able to perform inventory cycle counts.
• Must be licensed and able to operate a forklift, tow motor, and assist other warehouse personnel.
• Must be proficient in the use of all hand held precision measuring instruments.
• Must understand all manufacturing process instructions, both those in routing and those from engineering.
• Understand and follow current MRP/ERP system and maintain inventory location integrity.
• Working knowledge of personal computers and extensive knowledge of warehouse operating systems, specifically in the inventory management and production control costing modules, including all the functions they comprise.
• A working knowledge of traffic management and warehouse day-to-day operations.
• Ability to provide training and instruction to other warehouse personnel.
• Ability to examine incoming items to verify compliance with purchase orders and designate storage areas.
• Able to route items to designated delivery or storage areas and maintain inventory records of stock items for storage or retrieval.
High School Diploma, GED, Associate's degree preferred.
Good communication skills, ability to understand work instructions, ability to work with minimal supervision.
At least four (4) year of warehouse and inventory control experience and must be able to perform inventory cycle counts.