|Job Ref:||GAR16-5830||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Garland||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 05:12|
Summary: Create step by step process required to manufacture efficiently Aerospace and Munitions aluminum and magnesium forgings. |
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Capable of designing final forging configuration around machine part envelopes.
• Pre-form part design, blocker part design, die design, support tooling and fixture design.
• Working knowledge of process to create simple shaped hand-forgings.
• Working knowledge of forging process and capable of supporting manufacturing.
• Manage 1st article tryouts to identify optimum production process.
• Able to lead a small multi-functional team and manage multiple assignments in order to meet operation schedule and quality requirements.
• Supply engineering support to maintenance as required on hydraulic presses and other equipment.
• Maintain competency in CATIA, attend training and user group functions.
• Maintain competency in CNC router programming, both 2D and 3D.
• Confer with management, engineering and shop personnel to implement plans and recommendations.
• Familiar with and capable of using Six Sigma tools to identify root causes of continuing production problems and able to identify and implement corrective actions to eliminate root cause.
• Cost conscious and cost reduction driven.
Job Dimensions (Budget, Staff, Work Environment, etc.):
• Reports to the Senior Engineer
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as stress and strain, probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Experience with Hydraulic Forging Press Aluminum Die Design (Preform, Blocker, Finisher) Design
• Closed Die (Precision & Conventional) Tooling experience
• Ability to manage Floor Tryout / 1st Article Over site of Design Through To Production Release
Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university; or at least ten years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Good communication and problem solving skills.
10+ years and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a minimum of 3-5 years' experience designing tooling and processes for the manufacture of aluminum and magnesium forgings for the aerospace and/or munitions industry.