|Job Ref:||GAR16-5795||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Garland||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 05:12|
Summary: Plans, coordinates, schedules, and expedites the production of forged metal products and specialty products through the production and operations departments at GD-OTS.|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Makes recommendations for production schedule changes based on the availability of material on order and in inventory.
• Reviews the planning status of all bills of material parts and assemblies for accuracy of planning data, including grouping of orders, cycle count frequency, min/max order quantities, and yield.
• Reviews, revises where necessary, and approves MRP generated direct material purchase requisitions for accuracy of planned quantity and delivery dates. Advises purchasing of all changes in production schedules that may affect planned and placed purchase orders; expedites any critical purchased parts with purchasing.
• Releases production work orders for kitting and subsequent delivery of material to operations. Follows up with warehouse to make sure component kits have been delivered on a timely basis. Adjust quantities of material consumed on work orders. Modifies production work orders and applies process plan changes when necessary.
• Interfaces with operations on the production progress of work orders and the expediting of critical parts and assemblies.
• Manually prepares and releases rework/repair work orders.
• Prepares and releases purchase requisitions for performance of outside operations on production work orders.
• Reviews engineering change notices (ECNs) for affectivity dates, impact to schedule, and material availability/waste.
• Assists other planners and schedulers in the completion of all paperwork for shipments, including work order "splits," generation of work orders for forged metal product conversions, and factory control number (FCN) positioning and completions.
• Any other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interests, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: Must be familiar with and have some working knowledge of personal computer programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, (or lotus 123), Outlook (or similar email), Project, Access, and Power Point. Must be able to construct and understand spreadsheets. Must be familiar with and have used MRP I, II or similar material and resource planning computer programs.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 20 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, logistics, or similar discipline with a minimum of 2 years related experience; associates degree in a related discipline with a minimum of 4 years related experience
Individuals must be detailed orientated, well organized, possess the ability to prioritize work, and communicate effectively via written and verbal correspondence.
6-8 years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.