6 month contract - Crawley - Pay rate £40 to £45 p/h Ltd
We are looking for a number of Electronic Engineers to work for our client on a next generation civil avionics communication project. This project is at an early stage and will involve the design, development, integration, test and debug of a lab prototype model for the end client.
Technologies include NXP QorIQ Processors and Microsemi (Vitesse) Ethernet chip sets, programable clock and power supply devices, lightning protection, Avionics interfaces. After initial requirements focussed work generalist electronic development skills will be required. Development will be in accordance with RTCA DO-254 Design Assurance Level C.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Working with engineers in the team.
- Operational report to project team's Hardware Engineering Manager.
- Administrative report in hardware function (to FLX Engineering Lead, Hardware).
- Electronics product development
- Avionics design for manufacturability, reliability, testability, etc.
- Compliance with technical requirements and slao regulations eg REACH, CE Marking, FAR 25, client expectations, AS9100, etc.
These positions will require a Baseline Standard Security Clearance to be completed by all candidates prior to starting.
- Proven ability with Digital Electronics, Analogue experience also useful.
- Proven ability across the full engineering lifecycle.
- Aerospace/flight avionics development background useful but not essential.
- Understanding of specific design assurance requirements (e.g. RTCA DO-254) advantageous, but again not a pre-requisite.
- Ability to support configuration management of files in a multi-engineer development team.
- Some ability with project planning/estimating/work package management would be useful for one of these positions (there are six available in total).