|Job Ref:||EMP374825||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Building Services||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Harlow||Address:||Salary:||£38,000/year||Post Date:||26/10/2016 21:30|
Our clients have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Engineer to join their growing team in Harlow, Essex.|
Experience working within a Manufacturing environment
The successful candidate will oversee and manage all aspects of the engineering functions to fulfil the contracted service level agreement within their area of responsibility on time and in full and provide a cost-effective service to maintain, operate, and improve existing BMS systems in a safe, compliant manner on a day shift basis.
• Identification of development needs and continuous improvement to meet requirements of the role
• Utilization of current Appraisal & performance management system.
• Engagement with communication tools used for dissemination of relevant site information (eg safety talks, tool box talks, PDRs)
• Implementation and use of current and emerging IT platforms for Compliance, Safety and Operation of all plant
• Report accidents and Near Misses using established site systems
• Monitor site building management systems and take proactive measures to resolve any identified faults
• Continuous improvement of the appearance and content of BMS graphics and updates to the system
• Identify training for site operatives where required and support any training needs
• Continuous improvement of BMS systems to ensure optimum performance and maximum efficiency of plant
• Fault diagnosis and rectification to device level within outstations
• Compilation and escalation of reports and plant data to site management as required
• Proactive Management of EH&S
• Management of finance in the following areas
• Identification of project opportunities to deliver both Capital and SMW projects incorporating all aspects of project delivery including, cost, design and documentation.
• Cost avoidance and Cross charging (in- scope/out of scope)
• Completion of Overtime request forms in a timely manner and subsequent timesheet submission including all necessary information when cross charging.
• Materials/consumables requisitions after first obtaining quotes for approval
- Change Management
• To work closely with customer contacts within the designated area to ensure that the area team, by close involvement with the customer, provide an adequate engineering service
• Initiate the provision of spare parts ensuring that these are correctly identified to the Planning Team
• To monitor and report upon service levels of external contracts, highlighting any fall-offs of performance
• To check the daily faults log, instigating any rectification works and reporting where necessary any plant failures to the User Department or other interested parties.
• To generate departmental procedures as required
• To act as call out Engineer as per agreed rota, covering all BMS functions during out of hours working across the whole site and to be available, within reason, to attend site during any emergency
• The acceptance and validation of new plant and equipment minor works etc. carried out by other engineering sections of the company
• Experience in building services
• City & Guilds parts 1, 2, 3 Electrical/Electronic
• 17th Edition IEE Regs