|Job Ref:||EMP374832||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Defence||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Samlesbury||Address:||Post Code:||PR5||Salary:||£42/hour||Post Date:||05/10/2016 21:31|
BAE Systems have Systems Design Responsibility (SDR) for the F-35 Crew & Life Support Systems working alongside key Suppliers Martin Baker and Honeywell UK. This role is to validate closure evidence for the completion of the System Design & Development phase of the F-35 project and provide support to in-service engineering for aircraft Sustainment contracts.|
Strong MATLAB and data handling skills.
The temporary roles exist within the Structures PHM IPT to deliver SDD OTB-7 contractual deliverables and support the development of a Systems Modelling capability for in-service support as part of Sustainment. The delivery schedule is within a 6 to 8 month period.
Specific tasks will deal with the analysis of test data to evaluate system performance to provide evidence for contract requirement fulfilment as well as investigating issues arising from in-service operation.
The principle work will be in assessing Fuel Systems design performance and verification and validation evidence from Fuel System simulation, test articles and aircraft flight test to demonstrate the compliance of the as built baseline design specification for the three individual F-35 variants.
The generation of qualification evidence to support flight certification is key to these roles.
The role supports the SPHM team in implementing capabilities into the F-35 Autonomic Logistics & Information System (ALIS).
This will include :- Development of a desktop prototype using MATLAB Integration with the Structural Health Management Java Toolkit (SJT) Design of the medium and long-term solution for integration into ALIS Achieving this will require collaboration with a number of teams, including: Working with/for the lead engineer for the Corrosion Management System to ensure the system meets requirements Collaborating with colleagues in BAE Systems Australia to understand their design and approach (occasional anti-social hours) Collaborating with the SJT development team to understand current capabilities and define further requirements Collaborating with the ALIS development teams in the UK and the US to develop a formal solution
- The individuals shall have a background in aircraft systems ideally Fuel and have a proven technical ability in the application of developing the maturity of systems and resolving system problems.
- Applicants should be proficient in verbal and written communications, IT competent and be able to effectively research system design data and demonstrate creative problem solving skills.
- A background in Systems Test and/or Modelling Simulation would be advantageous.
- Be effective team workers supporting, co-operating and working with others to achieve common objectives.
- Experience in the role of design, development and support of engineering products would be an advantage.
- Experience in equipment-level qualification and Supplier Management would also be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of design and integration of Crew/Life Support Systems together with MathWorks tools would also be advantageous.
- Capable and independent systems engineer with excellent communication skills.
- Strong MATLAB and data handling skills. Familiarity with databases and SQL.
- Experience in software development processes
Please note that full SC clearance is required to start in this role. The successful candidate cannot start on baseline clearance.