|Job Ref:||EMP374803||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Salary:||£50,000 - £55,000/year||Post Date:||05/10/2016 21:31|
Our client are a major naval systems business currently seeking an experienced project manager to join them in their Bristol offices.|
Strong project managemetn experience within the defence technology sector
- Project Management
- Working within a business / programme environment leading assigned projects (contracts) and / or bid activity.
- Senior point of contact (stakeholder management) for assigned project delivery.
- Adapt company core process to suit contract needs & establish team discipline required to accurately launch, maintain & progress project plan.
- Establish & develop team organisation including integration with customer, supply chain and key stakeholders.
- Identify resource requirements and manage availability with functional managers.
- Adapt & apply change control mechanism to specific contract demands, ensuring integration with plan & schedules whilst maintaining / uplifting contract baseline.
- Develop & maintain monitoring & control of project & company deliverables & strategic objectives.
- Develop & maintain efficient, clearly focussed customer & company project status reporting.
- Develop & maintain project risk & opportunity management integrated with customer, supply chain and key stakeholders.
- Support development of project management capability to enable business & company growth.
- Identify and manage interface to UK Submarine stakeholders.
- Align opportunities with strategic business growth plan.
- Identify and facilitate pursuit of opportunities in the UK submarines market.
- Facilitate the stakeholders awareness of the companies ability to offer them value for money low risk solutions to current & future projects.
Experience of the following is required:
- Managing & leading development contracts through development, acceptance & support lifecycle
- Experience delivering software projects with a mix of labour and materials
- Engineering background
Experience across some or all of following features would be preferred:
- Project Management of Naval or MoD Contracts
- Project management of complex multi-million pound engineering projects
- APM membership
- Degree qualified in an Engineering discipline
- Systems Engineering background