Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||EMP374747||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Barrow-in-Furness||Address:||Post Code:||LA13||Salary:||£36/hour||Post Date:||05/10/2016 21:30|
Mechanical Engineer with FEA skills– Barrow-in-Furness– 3 Months - £36.06 p/hr. LTD|
Structural / Stress analysis using FEA
Purpose of Role:
• A vacancy has arisen for a professional Mechanical Engineer to work within the weapons design team on projects through all stages: from design and development, through to the final manufacture and implementation.
• Creation / manipulation of 3D models which will require analysing through FE techniques and calculations
• Perform technical investigations of problematic / failed systems.
• Root cause analysis.
• Structural analysis
• Concept generation and development / evaluation of technical solution options and preparation of reports with suggested recommendations.
• Concept generation and development / evaluation of test rigs / methods to validate root cause(s) and solutions.
• Develop designs in line with requirements and all quality and technical standards.
• Weight optimization of systems / structures via re-design and / or use of advanced materials, such as titanium and aluminum alloys, composites and additive layer manufacturing techniques.
• Integration of sub-systems into an evolving product design, including laboratory tests, shop-floor development testing and off site trials.
• Degree qualified or similar previous experience.
• Good communication skills and ability to operate at all levels within the company and with the customer.
• 3D CAD (PTC Creo2 or at least Wildfire 2 onwards)
• Structural / Stress analysis using FEA: PTC Simulate and/or ANSYS Workbench v15.
• Hydraulic System Design
• System Control (Matlab /Simulink)