|Job Ref:||EMP374800||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cwmbran||Address:||Salary:||£40,000 - £45,000/year||Post Date:||05/10/2016 21:31|
We are currently recruiting for a Stress Engineer to work for our aerospace client based in Cwmbran.|
Skilled in Finite Element Analysis and hand calculations.
The Stress Engineer provides analytical expertise in structural and occupant injury simulation, working closely with other functions such as Design, Certification and Production to ensure that seating products are lightweight, durable and safe throughout their working life.
• Ensure that the risk of a certification test failure is managed effectively during the design and minimised with the use of analytical methods and judgement.
• Prepare, develop and review linear static, non-linear, crash, multi-body dynamic and optimisation FE models for seating products to support the design and certification process, plus the in-service life of the product.
• Prepare, review and approve stress and structural documentation to submit for customer and regulatory approval.
• Support the Design team in ensuring that products meet cost and weight targets.
• Review and approve drawing and designs for stress. Review and approve concessions and repairs.
• Identify potential issues and recommend improvements or alternate solutions.
• Liaise with Design, Certification, Manufacturing and other company departments as required.
• Liaise with external suppliers, customers, airframers, regulatory bodies and other industrial organisations as required.
• Assist in the continuous improvement of department processes and manuals.