|Job Ref:||EMP374852||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Merseyside||City:||Liverpool||Address:||Post Code:||L13||Salary:||£25,000 - £35,000/year||Post Date:||26/10/2016 21:32|
My client is looking for a Drainage Engineer to work within a team to provide technical design support on flooding and drainage projects for mainly public sector clients|
Report preparation / drawings
Role involves working with engineers undertaking design work on a variety of river and / or drainage engineering projects. Projects include feasibility studies as well as outline and detail scheme designs. Role may also require hydraulic modelling using industry standard software such as Micro Drainage.
1. Provide technical design input on flooding and drainage projects as part of a project team. Role Includes:
a. Feasibility studies / option development.
b. Design Assessments / Reviews.
c. Report preparation / drawings.
d. Hydraulic modelling.
e. Developing and maintaining good client relationships
2. Attend and contribute to project meetings internally and with clients.
3. Undertake own continuing professional development under guidance from Line Managers with a view to working toward professional membership.
4. Operate in accordance with the corporate health and safety, environmental and quality standards.
5. Work may require travel in the UK or work in client offices.
Qualifications: Degree in an Engineering or Numerate Science related subject.
Knowledge / Experience: You will have several years experience in undertaking river and / or drainage engineering design, ideally gained within a consultancy environment. Hydraulic modelling experience is useful. You should have the knowledge to prepare estimates of future work for incorporation in proposals, and be comfortable meeting with clients to discuss present and future projects.
Technical / Business Skills / Ability: Your role will involve working with engineers delivering design work on a variety of river and / or drainage engineering projects for both internal and external clients. You’ll be a capable problem solver with good time management skills and ability to work unsupervised at times. You will be a self starter used to working in a team.