Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. |
Tyco Security Products designs, manufactures and markets intrusion and access video security products for a global security market for both commercial and residential markets. It has 2,000 employees who are located in R&D engineering, supply chain, manufacturing and sales facilities in N. Ireland, UK, Italy, U.S., Canada, India and China. We have globally recognized brands and quality security products to protect people and property.
We are currently looking for a Supply Planner to join our team in Toronto or Boca for a 1 year contract.
To purchase, plan and expedite finished goods, licenses and components to support Tyco Security Products Canada
- Using Baan and daily buyer reports, issues purchase orders for assigned product families to designated suppliers, and updates the ERP with expected delivery date upon confirmation.
- Follows up on orders to ensure complete and timely delivery as contracted.
- Works closely with the customer service team to ensure purchase order receipts coincide with customer requirements.
- Updates item master and related ERP tables when required.
- Reconciles purchase order receipt issues with the logistics group.
- Ensures supplier shipping method adherence to Tyco policies, and limit air freight in compliance with budget.
- Coordinates product returns and reworks as required due to product quality holds or required updates.
- Reconciles receiving issues and issues cycle count requests as needed with distribution center logistics team.
- Liaises with other departments as required, ensuring inventory levels are maintained in line with system safety stock.
- Provides metrics and updates to the order administration, suppliers and operations group regarding shortages, on-time delivery and purchase order reconciliation.
- Ensures procedures and processes/systems are followed to provide 100% accuracy and that required reporting information is available as required. Maintenance of local ERP systems required; experience with BAAN system, Crystal Reporting, Logility, Access Reporting or other Oracle based planning systems is an asset.
- Responsible for close coordination and monitoring of rollouts and expedite requirements with demand planning and supply chain management.
- Notification to demand planning and supply chain management regarding data inaccuracies, lead-time changes from suppliers, and pricing or payment term changes.
- 2 year college diploma in a business administration, inventory and resource management related program or equivalent.
- APICS CPIM or similar certification a plus, or willingness to pursue certification.
- 1 - 3 years (minimum) experience in planning, co-coordinating and scheduling operations.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt certification is an asset but not required.
- Experience in planning and purchasing for both purchased items as well as manufactured (bill of materials) sku's a plus.
- Demonstrated skills in analyzing, planning, judgment and decision making.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work remotely as both an individual contributor and in a team environment.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
No phone calls or agencies please.
We welcome diversity in our workplace and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal Canadians.