- Manages project load for projects of high complexity, risk, size and resourcing.
- Applies previous medium to high risk project management experience to handle full project management responsibilities for very high risk projects.
- Handles project load which may take Project Manager outside their local assigned territory.
- Oversees widespread projects that may require oversight of local project managers handling pieces of the larger project.
- Provides oversight to Junior PM’s, Contract Administrators and design team members who are providing support for assigned projects.
- Provides local support to local operations which may need assistance managing projects.
- Mentors Project Coordinators and Project Managers.
- Negotiates contracts and contract variations for all levels for projects in which they are involved.
- Delivers project schedule for timely completion of assigned projects.
- Plans, executes, and evaluates projects according to predetermined timelines, budgets, and safety requirements.
- Communicates directly with customers, sub-contractors/contractors, and designers concerning project cost, staffing, and scheduling.
- Coordinates procurement including sourcing for best value suppliers.
- Leads and directs the work of technicians and sub-contractors on assigned projects.
- Provides oversight and recommendations to design for value engineering opportunities.
- Prepares project status reports and works to ensure plans adhere to contract specifications on assigned projects.
- Performs job site visits, as required, attends job site meetings, performs safety reviews, and provides direction and coordination of field technical staff.
- Maximizes project delivery to achieve project financial goals and provides periodic re-estimates of the forecast.
- Identifies, scopes & prices change order opportunities and creates/executes change orders as identified.
- Collaborates with support team to identify solutions to resolve issues, disputes, and conflicts which arise during the course of the project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or other related field work experience.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience in fire protection/construction installation and management.
- Demonstrates technical expertise in fire Detection Systems. Knowledge of MX Fire Detection System will be an advantage.
- Must have PMP Certification
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must have aptitude for understanding technical details in order to communicate with customers and help resolve issues.