Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
The Transportation Division of AECOM is seeking a motivated and knowledgeable professional who wants to make a difference with our clients and perform in a superior fashion in managing construction on active airports. The ideal candidate will bring large airport terminal construction experience working in a fast-paced and collaborative construction environment. The candidate will be based in the San Francisco, CA office and will be in a position to grow in a rewarding career working on exciting projects in the Aviation environment.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- Supervises and coordinates projects involving construction, alteration or large scale repair of buildings and structures
- Provides supervision, coordination and inspection of work in progress for compliance with plans, codes, and standards and for compliance with schedules and cost parameters
- Schedules and coordinates all construction processes, including the oversight and coordination of inspection staff and quality acceptance testing
- Defines and implements construction phase communication procedures requirements
- Develops a checklist for contract deliverables and monitor contractor compliance with contract requirements
- Conducts meetings to confirm progress, reviews issues and actions, quality and safety, and resolves questions
- Defines job site management information systems and time, cost and quality systems; procedures for retrieval and processing of information, as well as documentation requirements
- Establishes procedures, document and log all RFI/Clarifications received from the contractor and the related response by the A/E. Works with the contractor to find potential solutions; monitors the response time of the A/E; reviews the A/E response for appropriateness; and notes any cost or time impacts
- In conjunction with the architect, works closely with the general contractor and client's facilities operations personnel to implement commissioning requirements included in the contract documents
- Implements contract requirements relative to record document turnover and retention
- Implements and manages occupancy/start-up requirements
- Prepares a Final Acceptance Report and Recommendation for the client
- Receives from the contractor operation and maintenance manuals, warranties and guarantees for materials and equipment installed in the project, and coordinates reviews with the architect and the client's facilities operations staff
- Coordinates required equipment and operations training of facilities operations
- Meets with the contractor on a monthly basis to review the contractor's applications for payment
- Conducts a detailed analysis of the contractor's schedule to determine whether the proposed schedule can be realistically achieved and to assess the overall status. This should include a schedule impact determination of suspension of work, concurrent delays, compensable and non-compensable delays, as well as a recovery schedule if it should be required during the course of a project
- Conducts weekly schedule analysis of the contractor's look-ahead
- Defines procedures for management of schedules to avoid risks
- Administers and understands Float, its use and legal implications
- Oversees the delivery and issue of materials, tools, and equipment; worker productivity and safety; and the quality of construction
- Monitors the project safety plans and implementation of safety plans for own employees, as well as that of contractors
- Develops a communication plan with the client, including monthly reports, project management reports and various schedules and cost control reports, as well as the matrix of responsibilities for all team members
- Bachelor's Degree in construction management, engineering, architecture or related field
- 10 years of relevant industry experience in building construction inclusive of Airport Terminal Construction
- In-depth knowledge of principles and processes involved with construction of buildings and facilities inclusive of remodel, reconstruction and new construction
- In-depth knowledge of foundation, structural steel and concrete, exterior and interior wall systems, and roofing systems
- General knowledge of vertical and horizontal transportation systems, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and fire protection systems, and underground utility services
- General knowledge of interior systems and finishes
- General knowledge of construction techniques, resource requirements, inputs, outputs, raw materials, quality control, costs, and permitting/acceptance inspections protocols for effective oversight of construction activities
- In-depth knowledge of concepts and strategies in project scheduling, costing, and project controls applications
- In-depth knowledge of construction phasing and logistics necessary to maintain operations in an active airport environment and coordination techniques appropriate for use with operations personnel and users
- Basic knowledge of policies and practices involved in personnel/human resource functions, training and promotion, discipline and termination, as well as employee/labor relations
- General knowledge of safety and security operations, including rules, regulations, precautions, prevention, as well as the protection of people, data and property
- Exposure and ability to use project management software systems, such as Prolog, Unifier, Excel, and Windows Office suite, etc.
- Experience with management and oversight of design-build construction delivery
- Experience and active engagement with partnering protocols on construction projects
- Credentialed as a Certified Construction Manager
- Credentialed as a LEED Accredited Professional
- Advanced degree in Construction Management
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.