Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We address the complete spectrum of energy challenges, including clean and renewable energy, energy efficiency and carbon management, hydropower and dams, thermal, geothermal and wind power generation, and transmission and distribution.
The Construction Public Communication Liaison is responsible for communicating complex construction project details to various stakeholder groups and for processing all stakeholder feedback related to said projects. This role is also responsible for providing superior customer service to internal and external customers.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Communicates with stakeholders including but not limited to business/property owners in person, by email, letter, and telephone
- Handles stakeholder (resident, business owner, etc.) comments, complaints and assist individuals who have questions about construction projects, schedules, and associated impacts to properties
- Maintains records, prepare reports and perform work processing assignments and related clerical duties
- Serves as a liaison between the stakeholders and various departments including but not limited to City Management, Public Works, Communications, Community Development, Economic Development, etc.
- Updates the City's major construction impact map with lane and road closure information/durations as needed
- Provides weekly reports to Public Works Director or appropriate project manager on stakeholder feedback and interactions
- Ensures a high level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Meets landowner(s)/ landowner groups (i.e. homeowner and condo associations, etc.) to introduce and update status of construction projects with some of these interactions being after normal business hours;
- Reviews right-of-way maps, construction plans, legal descriptions, sketches, surveys, to become familiar with scope of projects, property acquisition requirements, etc.
- Meets with City staff and consultant engineers, attorneys, property owners, etc. to communicate details for multiple projects and impacts to parcels
- Resolves problems arising from construction related activities by using sound judgment, knowledge of real estate and construction practices
- Maintains organized project files, including but not limited to all pertinent documents, correspondence, contact records, and project tracking reports, accurately, completely, and in compliance with records management requirements
- Requires the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment; dangerous and/or hazardous environments; must be flexible and able to adapt to frequent changes in work priorities
- Incumbent is expected to meet attendance standards as determined by management
- Incumbent will perform duties in a combination of outside work and an office environment
- Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Construction Administration, Civil Engineering or related field
- 3 years of combined work experience to include construction management, civil engineering, right-of-way acquisitions and dealing with the public
- Must properly handle adverse discussions and conflict resolution in a professional manner
- Exceptional communication skills, including written and verbal
- Precise attention to detail and project timeline management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to be flexible and effectively work with others as a team
- High degree of drive and ability to produce results/accomplish goals in a fast-paced work environment
- Availability and willingness to work according to the assigned schedule including emergencies, evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary
- Availability and willingness to work overtime (including daily, weekend and holidays) as determined by management as necessary to meet the business needs
- Ability to perform duties at a job site; at times working along and at times working very closely with others
- Ability to work outside, subject to all types of weather and temperature conditions
- Ability to handle exposure to commonly encountered chemicals, solvents, fumes, smoke, and gases found in any around construction sites and various types of surfaces, including slippery or uneven surfaces
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, the use of both eyes and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to move or carry objects or materials
- Must be able to exert up to 75 pounds of force occasionally and up to twenty pounds of force frequently
- Physical demand requirements are at levels of those for active work
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- 5 years of combined work experience to include construction management, civil engineering, right-of-way acquisitions and dealing with the public
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.