Under the direction of the Supervisor, Finance the Project Accountant will be responsible for providing financial and cost control support for various business units within the Utilities group. |
- Work with Operations Management team to identify and forecast financial exposures;
- Work with project staff along with accounts receivable, accounts payable, estimating and the Utilities finance department to prepare financial reports;
- Maintain project cost reports and project ledgers;
- Issue monthly project cost reports that include forecasted costs and total monthly variance to plan;
- Work closely with Project Manager in preparing monthly progress invoices to Owner/Consultant for work performed during the month;
- Ensure final payments of holdbacks from owner and to all subcontractors are completed upon project close out;
- Maintain accurate and timely Cash Flow data, both current and forecasted as compared to projected Cash Flow;
- Administer input of all approved Change Orders and increases to Prime Contract and pertinent Subcontracts;
- Act as "Internal Auditor" assuring internal controls are being followed;
- Assist with interim and year-end audit and reporting requirements;
- Build and maintain excel reporting models used for monthly and quarterly reporting;
- Document and ensure continuous process improvements are applied within area of responsibility;
- Participate in special projects and initiatives as required.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Accounting designation (CPA, CGA, CMA, CA);
- Related Post-Secondary education;
- 3 to 5 years of construction accounting experience;
- Demonstrated computer software proficiency with Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills would be a strong asset;
- Expertise with computerized accounting systems, specifically related to project costing and SAP.
- Excellent and proven organizational skills in order to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks within a high pressure work environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral;
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency by demonstrating the ability to shift priorities to accomplish objectives.
- Effectively manage time to keep commitments to both internal and external clients.
- Communication - excellent ability to clearly and effectively communicate information and clarify requirements both orally and in writing.
Date Req Created
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.