What is the purpose of this role?
To undertake tree condition surveys and detailed tree inspections, and to provide reports and technical support to colleagues, customers and clients as required.
What makes this role unique?
You will provide specification of tree work detail and priorities to meet and maintain health, safety, contractual and legal obligations.
What will this role involve?
- Undertake asset inspections where specific tree knowledge is required
- To ensure that tree inspection and surveys are accurate and provided all information required
- Provide accurate reports and responses to tree related queries
- Provide a professional service to customers
- Support colleagues in tree related matters
- Meet agreed targets and performance standards
- Undertake Audits of works to ensure quality and safety
- Promote improvement of the service we provide
- Promote trees and the awareness of tree related standards and codes of practice within our own and our clients business
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of tree pest and disease developments, national standards relating to trees and developments in Arboriculture
- Maintain vehicles, tools and equipment in line with company policy Complete all training necessary for the role
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of QCF level 3 Arboricultural qualification
- Lantra Professional Tree Inspection and relevant industry experience
- IT literate, MS Office programmes, GIS and Asset management/Survey software
- Experience of using mobile computing devices
- Use of Visual Tree Assessment techniques and sounding hammer
- Use of tree inspection equipment such as Picus or Resitograph
- Demonstrable previous relevant industry experience is desirable
- Member of industry body such as The Arboricultural Association or International Society of Arboriculture
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised as well as part of a team
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to communicate professionally, concisely and effectively, particularly to those with and without an understanding of trees and tree related issues