|Job Ref:||018159||Employer:||Hitachi||Country:||Germany||City:||Stuttgart||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 00:07|
Job description |
Strategic Acquisition Accounts Investment Representative
Sales development position responsible for acquiring new assigned non-HDS large strategic Enterprise accounts. Works to attain milestone goals by progressing sales of all HDS products and services to assigned Enterprise accounts. Uses market solution knowledge and expertise to identify and develop valuable business solutions that leverage HDS' products and solution sets. Orchestrates internal HDS resources such as Pre-Sales S, Partner Account Managers, Professional Services,GSI Alliances, Sales Solution Leads and HDS overall sales management to maximize HDS opportunity with accounts. Develops strong relationships with key buyers and decision-makers in direct accounts .
• By developing an understanding of the prospect's business and Information Systems environment, identify and qualify potential additional sources of revenue for all relevant HDS products and services.
• Work with members of the HDS account team, including sales and functional management, to develop and sell the optimum HDS business and technical solution to qualified opportunities.
• Identify key decision makers and those who influence at all levels within the account and build effective relationships using, where appropriate, HDS management.
• Identify potential competitive threats and take timely and effective action to minimize them.
• Develop customer relationships using a high level of relationship management skills that will clearly establish the strategic IT and other needs of the customer and how they can be satisfied by the HDS business model, Sustain good business relationship over the longer sales cycle.
• Plan and implement a programme of account management activity and work internally within HDS to ensure the most effective support of the account management process that seeks to optimize customer satisfaction and develop sales opportunity.
• Estimate delivery date to customer, based knowledge of HDS's delivery scheduled. Ensure customer expectation is managed in the most professional manner.
• Develop effective networks within each prospective customer at all levels where most appropriate so as to ensure HDS is the principal consideration for any future systems requirements. Constantly 'hunt' for new revenue streams.
• Develop and execute both sales strategies and tactics that maximize HDS opportunity within the Systems Integrator and 'end customer' environment.
• Leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
• Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
• Ensures smooth operation of the sales process, involving appropriate project management and practice skills in the generation of accurate project definitions and solution definitions (which must be part of all sales unless specifically agreed otherwise)
• Ensures all business and technical risks are effectively managed to ensure customer satisfaction is never compromised
• Negotiates successful "win/win" agreements with the customer, maintaining acceptable HDS
• Achieve all allocated objectives associated with the HDS sales plan currently applicable.
• Forecast accurately future business on a quarterly basis.
• Develop and review with HDS Sales Management a sales plan to support the assigned sales objectives.
• Identify, justify, and secure additional HDS resources required to support sales strategies.
• Ensure all necessary internal HDS sign offs are obtained before customer proposals are made.
• Comply with all published HDS policy guidelines.
• Co-ordinate the activities of all supporting HDS functions within the account including CS&S ,F&A and EMEA. The Account Manager is ultimately responsible for the relevant sales cycle from identification, qualification, sale, installation and subsequent protection and growth.
• Deputize for Consultant Account Manager when required
Background, Skills & Experience Requirements
• Sales experience in large corporate/enterprise accounts in Germany dealing with Storage, networking, server or converged solutions, cloud or big data product/solution range of products and services
• Will possess proven, professional new business account management skills including multi-level sales negotiation experience. This will include the ability to overcome obstacles in order to gain agreement and work both externally and internally to ensure agreements are reached which are satisfactory to all concerned.
• Will possess demonstrable business awareness with the ability to adopt a disciplined and commercially approach to achieving goals and objectives including the ability to create and maintain a business plan. Appropriate experience would include being fully conversant with key financial ratios, business indicators and financial trends.
• A strong and confident communicator and presenter capable of developing excellent working relationships and who can sell him/herself within the company and to customers and prospects. First class verbal communications, report writing and presentation skills and who is comfortable operating and presenting at senior management level.
• A self-motivated person who will be expected to work effectively without close supervision making prudent decisions without continual reference to his immediate manager. In addition, the candidate will also be expected to maintain good communication with his management and colleagues that no opportunities are lost.
• Although personally successful will value the team and the advantages it brings.
• Has the ability to work within a support infrastructure, coordinating and motivating these resources when required.
• Possessing a personality which will respond positively to working within the structure of HDS and is genuinely enthusiastic to face the challenge which HDS offers. ossess a good business knowledge pertaining to vertical market alignment.
• A track record of sales achievement within the new business or account management environment. Appropriate candidates will possess good product and technical understanding.
• At least 5 years successful track record of negotiating high value orders with a recognized supplier within the I.T. industry.
• Degree or equivalent Formal Education
• Fluent English and German