Hourly Rate Bands £7.21 - £7.50 Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
Eden Foodservice is currently recruiting for a General Kitchen Assistant for one of our Primary Schools in Brighton BN3 . This position reports to the Catering Manager.
As a General Kitchen Assistant, you will be required to work Monday to Friday, Term time only for a total of 10 hours per week.
To provide support in the preparation, cooking and serving of food and beverages plus related catering duties.
- To prepare the dining area which may include moving and setting up furniture, setting trolleys and the cleaning and dismantling of these as required.
- To prepare the service area, hot cupboards and other equipment in the dining centre for the efficient and effective service of the meal.
- To assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of food and beverages as defined by Eden.
- To serve food according to the style and type of operation as defined by Eden.
- To wash dishes, cutlery, tumblers, jugs, serving utensils, containers, tables and all other catering equipment in the dining centre.
- To clean on a daily basis all catering areas to standards laid down by Eden as directed.
- To undergo on and off the job training sessions as required by Eden management.
- To inform the Unit Manager of any defects in light equipment.
- To inform the Unit Manager/Head Teacher of any defects in heavy equipment or of premises not meeting Health & Safety and/or Food Hygiene Regulations Standards.
- There may be a requirement to transfer to another Catering Contract Unit within a reasonable geographical distance and with reasonable notice due to business requirements.
- Such other related duties as required to ensure the dining area and the kitchen is in a clean and hygienic condition and that the food service is effective and efficient.
- To undertake any other duties that my be required for the effective operation of the Catering establishment. This may include cash collection and banking.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Previous catering experience within a similar environment preferably
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team and on their own initiative.
- Ability to adapt to change and take on different tasks as and when required.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of over 80,000 people worldwide.