|Job Ref:||RAN4423||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sunderland||Address:||Post Code:||CA13||Salary:||£ 34,000 - £ 42,000 per year, Car Allowance & Benefits||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:24|
Randstad CPE are currently on the search for a Project Quantity Surveyor here in the North East for one of the region's leading main contractors. The client in question has grown exponentially over the past 3 years and now boasts one of the largest commercial teams in the North East. Current projects range across a number of sectors including health, education, commercial, retail, industrial and student accommodation. |
The successful candidate should be degree qualified or equivalent with a minimum of 4 years new build experience.
* Taking substantive control of the commercial functions on the project
* Subcontractor procurement (including preparing and issuing pricing enquiries, analysing returns and making recommendations for award, chair pre-start meetings with PM and subcontractor, issuing order documents, obtaining subcontractor insurances etc)
* Attending progress and design team meetings
* Preparation of Interim applications
* Identification and pricing of variations
* Preparation of monthly CVR and Forecasts reports
* Preparation of monthly labour, plant and material allocations which form the basis of cost reporting system.
* Preparation and agreement of subcontractor final accounts
* Preparation and agreement of main contract final account
* Knowledge and experience of preparation and agreement of prolongation and disruption claims
* Familiar with JCT D&B contracts
QS's are typically office based and frequently visit their sites but the option is available to be site based.
This is a permanent position offering a competitive salary/benefits package to the right candidate as well as excellent career prospects. If you would like any other information or wish be considered for this role please do not hesitate to call Ciaran at RandstadCPE Newcastle on NA
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Quantity Surveyor Main Contracting New Build
qualification BSc Quantity Surveying