Oracle Identity Management Technical Analyst Principal |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Our Corporate business unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Nashville, TN for an Oracle Identity and Oracle Access Management operation side installing and configuring skills. We are willing to consider candidates with either good OIM or OAM skills and train on one or the other.
Thinking beyond your desk includes:
- Provides application or infrastructure technical expertise, analysis and specifications for IT systems to meet business requirements in accordance with IT architecture policies and standards; translate requirements into technical specifications, create detailed solution design, coordinate construction, installation, configuration and testing of IT systems; and identifies, troubleshoots and resolves system technical issues.
- Creates and manages life cycle of technical specifications from which programs and configurations will be applied to create the application, infrastructure or complete solution.
- Assists in technical analysis of potential solutions including evaluating the technical fit and viability of commercial-of-the-shelf products versus custom built solution.
- Delivers solution adhering to standards and leveraging re-use of components.
- Creates high level and detail design of infrastructure OR applications, interfaces, conversions, extensions, reports, and workflows while meeting architecture, security, performance, scalability, and maintainability requirements.
- Assists technical and infrastructure groups in understanding the solution design and specifications.
- Works closely with IT technical service providers to ensure outsourced work packages are delivered to specifications, meeting key parameters of quality, schedule, cost, security, performance, and scalability.
- Conducts or participates in formal design reviews and code reviews (where applicable) to ensure the detailed design specifications have been understood and coding standards have been adhered to by the development team(s).
- Seeks appropriate opportunities to promote re-usability of component designs to reduce costs and shorten time to deliver solutions. Pro
- Actively seeks opportunities to enhance efficiency in the build and deploy processes, leveraging automation where possible.
- Assists in the test strategy and execution of master test plan.
- Participates in the creation of standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines for the IT design and development community as well work instructions or 'runbooks' used for end-user support.
- Analyzes and revises existing systems and documentation to identify remediation or improvements in the application or infrastructure solution.
- Provides level 3 support for critical non-routine issues.
- Coaches less experienced team members on technical matters.
- System Prototyping - Able to conduct an early sample, model, or pre-release of a product built to test a concept or process or to act as a thing to be replicated or learned from.
- Requirements Analysis - Describes how business analysts prioritize and progressively elaborate stakeholder and solution requirements in order to enable the project team to implement a solution that will meet the needs of the sponsoring organization and stakeholders.
- Solution Assessment & Validation - The ability to understand and assess proposed solutions in order to determine how closely they meet requirements and if they will deliver the desired business outcomes. The ability to understand the organization, and its readiness, to determine what is necessary to transition to the solution.
- Solution Design - The activities involved in conceptualizing, defining, architecting, and ultimately designing complex systems.
- Solution Construction - Ability to select desired options to make a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products, applications, or IT systems function to user specifications. To build a particular application or system for use in a specific way.
- Troubleshooting - Able to diagnose and problem solve issues with computer hardware or software components with little or no direction. May require ability to install, configure, or disposition of server or client pc infrastructure and application issues.
- Relationship Management - Creates relationships with new acquaintances quickly and confidently; works to build trust and partner with stakeholders; successfully manages both internal and external relationships (e.g., vendor relationships); is comfortable in a challenger role that, at times, requires building constructive tension in interactions.
- Influence - Applies different approaches to convince others to change their opinion or plan, and wins support from others for ideas; is able to build support with peers without direct lines of reporting across a matrix organization.
- Decision Making - Considers the relative benefits and costs of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one; acts decisively and swiftly; identifies problems and drives toward solutions; takes on responsible roles and accountability for outcomes even when things go wrong; is comfortable making difficult decisions.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
Significant relevant experience required. 5-7 years of experience.
- E xtensive experience implementing, configuring, troubleshooting, and supporting Oracle Identity Management suite of products e.g. OAM 11gR2, OIM 11gR2, OAG 11g, OVD, OID
- Knowledge and understanding of web single sign-on, federation, LDAP, web services
- Experience with middleware- and infrastructure-related technologies including Oracle RAC database, WebLogic Application Server, SSL/TLS, and Linux/Unix
- LDAP and Directory Services - Must know advanced LDAP implementation concepts like Schema and Structure. Must be able to perform advanced administration tasks of OUD and OID. Must be able to manage data in OUD and OID by creating, modifying and deleting entries. Must be able to manage the schema of OUD and OID by creating, modifying and deleting object classes and attributes. Must be able to perform basic logging tasks like configuring, logging and viewing log files.
- Experience in J2EEServer Technologies such as Java, JSP / Servlets, EJB, any J2EE Application Server (Preferably WebLogic Application Server) is required. Experience in Server Side J2EE - JMS, Java Security; Web Services; JVM; Cluster Technologies; Web Services; XML is required. Java/J2EE development background highly desirable, shell scripting, and Oracle SQL.
- Operating System Knowledge - Must have intermediate skills in the installation, configuration, monitoring, and management of Linux, specifically Oracle Linux. Must be able to enable kernel features, set up users and groups, and configure system logging, the boot process, the network, and storage. Must be able to install additional software packages, keep the kernel up to date using Ksplice, and configure services such as NFS, FTP, OpenSSH.
Compensation. Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus. Benefits. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website