|Job Ref:||1600036I||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Tennessee||City:||Memphis||Address:||Post Date:||27/10/2016 03:04|
Responsible for through-the-shop and over-the-counter parts sales, cores, parts stocking, ordering, receiving, returns, cycle counting, and physical inventory.|
• Sales - Greet customers promptly and courteously at the counter or on the telephone. - Determine customer needs. - Understand entire task - Advise customer and sell all parts necessary - Up sell additional service products - Order parts for the shop and over-the-counter customers. - "Pull" parts and deliver to the shop or counter customers. - Apply part numbers to BMS work orders. - Prepare invoices - Record lost sales
• Merchandise Handling - Place stock and emergency orders to MSC and Cummins. - Receive parts and material. - Store parts and material in proper location. - Conduct cycle and physical inventory counts. - Process cores. - Receive cores - Inspect cores to determine suitability for reuse - Pack and ship cores to Diesel ReCon - Operate material handling equipment in accordance with manufacturers operating instructions and applicable safety regulations.
• Company Representation - Continually strive to achieve the highest level of credibility and integrity with dealers, customers, and fellow employees. - Correspondence on the company's behalf should be consistent with sound business practices and should never jeopardize or compromise the company's position. - Confidential information should not be distributed outside the department without management's approval. - Maintain proper dress code and appearance, consistent with surroundings and customer acceptance. - Develop high levels of inter-departmental support, being sensitive to the needs of other departments within the company.
• General - Consider this position as primary employment and hold no other jobs with our competitors, customers, or suppliers. - Continually strive to reduce company operating costs by eliminating waste. - Follow all safety procedures and report all accidents. - Adhere to all company and departmental personnel policies and procedures.
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Experience: Two years parts or service experience.
Computer Skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, Lotus Notes, BMS
Other Requirements: Thorough knowledge of Cummins parts business.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
• Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit company website .
Ready to take care of the customer? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.