|Job Ref:||204631137||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||OX18||Salary:||£50000 - £65000/annum Package||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:42|
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Contract Manager|
Reports to: Mechanical Director
Department: Mechanical Contracts Department
Job Location: Office Based in Oxford, Site as required
* An established Electrical Company that we work closely with have recently set up an internal Mechanical department.
* In the time they have been established they have offered a mechanical service to a select few key clients only and always as part of an M & E project and secured 16 Projects.
* The Mechanical department is headed up by Mechanical Director and reports only to the MD for his business unit.
* Current Turnover is £1.2m aiming to increase to £4m by end 2018
* In 16 months the department has recruited:
* 1 apprentice
* 2 Foreman
* 7 plumbers
* 1 trainee Contracts Manager
* 1 Design/Estimator
* 1 Trainee estimator.
* We now need as minimum a senior Contracts Manager or a Mechanical operations Director to further develop the business.
* Has served a 4 year apprenticeship
* 5 years' experience as a Contract Manager
* Good people skills
* Good Management skills
* Microsoft Office Skills to a high level
* AutoCAD general understanding
* Amtech design experience
* Has used Estimation packages for Variations
* Oversea delivery of own projects and other Contracts Managers.
* Health & Safety monitoring
* Managing & recruiting Engineers
* Client Development & Liaison
* Design Development including Value Engineering
* Work In Progress monitoring against Programme & Tender Value
* Labour Load forecasting for the contract duration
* Preparation of Procurement Schedule
* Compilation of site H&S file
* Materials Call off to coincide with Programme
* Order specialist Hire Equipment / Plant as required
* Issue Requests for Information to the client or architect
* Manage the interface between the building team and engineers to ensure continuity on site such as close up notices & BWIC
* Follow up Confirmation of Verbal Instructions with the client or architect
* Manage the Variation process including changes required to the original programme
* Prepare applications during the works for invoicing
* Mentor the Engineers positively to keep productivity levels as high as possible
* Ensure the project is meeting the financial target and profit levels
* Attend progress meetings and accurately report to the client
* Authorise the Engineers timesheets and delivery notes
* Ensure works are in compliance with the drawings and specification
* Review test results prior to NICEIC QS sign off
* Collation of manufacturers literature and prepare O&M
* Provide technical support to the Engineers