|Job Ref:||204631164||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Mansfield||Address:||Post Code:||NG18||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:42|
Role: Senior Estimator |
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Type of role: Permanent
Compass are currently looking to recruit an experienced and motivated candidate to take on the role of a Senior Estimator as part of a small professional team within our clients company to price enquiries from contractors and developers and to secure projects to enable and consolidate business expansion. Our client is an innovator in the design, manufacture and installation of prefabricated panel building systems and volumetric buildings.
Although this role will initially start off working autonomously, the view is to grow the division and appoint additional Estimators underneath you.
The role will involve:
• Working out of their manufacturing site in Derbyshire, you will be responsible for the preparation of thorough proposals and submissions of analytical tender analysis and the co-ordination with design department to produce tender design information.
• You will be drafting contractor's proposals for tender submissions and obtaining third party quotations for use in calculation of the tender sum, as well as Assessing and reporting to the Directors in relation to risk and viability of the proposed project. You will then be presenting the finished tender to the board of directors
• In addition, you will be providing materials and labour schedules for factory labour outputs and providing cost information to purchasing department.
Ideal candidate background:
• It is likely you will have a degree or professional qualification in a construction discipline and have the ability to calculate rates and prices from first principles.
• You will have a depth of proven relevant experience as an Estimator with additional demonstrable experience at a senior or management level.
• You will be methodical and be able to produce accurate work, completed to fixed deadlines.
• You will have a thorough knowledge of construction techniques and be able to work with minimal supervision and set your own plan of work and agenda.
• You will possess strong IT skills, particularly Excel spread sheets, and have the ability to learn and understand off-site modular construction skills.
• The role will require nationwide travel to visit projects/clients