|Job Ref:||204631344||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:41|
Senior Building Inspector |
To provide site inspection and technical building and construction expertise relating to the risk management of construction sites.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
• Inspecting homes being constructed and / or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations.
• Effectively self manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
• Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
• Carry out Developer assessments at the completion of projects.
• Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters - to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
• Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance.
• Provide advice to line Manager on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
• Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
• Ensure inspections target a zero claims ratio.
Experience / Skills
- Part / Full member of professional. Minimum Grades accepted: TechRICS / ACIOB ABEng / LICWCI or similar).
- Relevant BC experience, plan check and site inspection or Warranty experience, or a combination of both
- In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- Understanding of Building Regulations and associated legislation.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Excellent Customer Services skills and experience of Relationship Management.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Flexible in personal approach