|Job Ref:||204631610||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£NEG Negotiable||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:59|
A superb opportunity has arisen with one of the UK's leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, they have helped to shape the world around us and today they are at the forefront of the construction industry, with approximately 5,550 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, their focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities they work in. Their involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures their employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.|
They are currently recruiting for a development manager to be based on projects in the Bristol / Western region. This is a great opportunity to join a new unit of a highly successful residential contracting organisation:
* To lead projects and ensure that all necessary inputs are received on time and within budget to enable specified project milestones to be achieved as per the agreed project plan.
* To co-ordinate and arrange, as necessary, pre-development meeting involving Production, Sales, Planning and Design Departments in order to agree all aspects of the scheme design, specification; programme and technical issues which may impact on the potential scheme's viability.
* To co-ordinate and appoint outside consultants as appropriate and necessary in conjunction with other departments.
* To obtain updated and appropriate cost feedback information from the Estimating Department with respect to appraisals and evaluate the implications upon scheme design and initiate appropriate changes.
* To co-ordinate the affordable housing provision to be provided in any mixed tenure scheme.
* To co-ordinate both internal departments and external consultants involved in specific project opportunities in order to achieve a successful handover to Production.
* To co-ordinate obtaining approvals and S106 Agreements as necessary and achievable to an agreed programme thereby ensuring and efficient handover to the Production Team and early start on site.
* As may be reasonably required to contribute to Company objectives.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Good knowledge of the Planning system and development process, Project Appraisal Techniques, Design and Technical issues relevant to house building and Affordable Housing Contracts.
* Good Writing and Presentation Skills
* Able to work under own initiative, having good decision making skills and a keen sense of responsibility.
* Good communication skills and ability to organise and positively motivate others both individually.
* Previous experience or ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team in the delivery of defined projects within budgetary constraints through commitment and determination and within set time limits.
* Experience in liaising and negotiating with a wide range of individuals and organisations including professional consultants, local authorities, social housing clients and working colleague involved in the development process.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook and Excel.
If you are a proven development manager, looking to join a market leader, then please don't hesitate in forwarding an up to date CV at your earlest convenience.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency