|Job Ref:||204631708||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£NEG Negotiable||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:59|
A superb opportunity has arisen with one of the UK's leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, they have helped to shape the world around us and today they are at the forefront of the construction industry, with approximately 5,550 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, their focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities they work in. Their involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures their employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.|
They are currently recruiting for a business development manager to be based on projects in the Bristol / Western region. This is a great opportunity to join a new unit of a highly successful residential contracting organisation.
The successful candidate will come from a housebuilding, residential contractor or building background and be comfortable using their networks and stakeholder management skills to generate new business for the regional business.
* Identify and secure tender opportunities within our market sector and geographic operational area to a minimum value of £1.5m.
* To maintain and develop contacts with Registered Social Landlords, local authorities, other statutory bodies and development agencies within our geographical area.
* To maintain and develop working relationships with employers' agents, architects and project managers.
* To identify client requirements, enabling better understanding of their development programme and funding.
* Liaison with Estimating, Pre-Commencement Departments and Contract Management teams.
* To provide detailed monthly report to the Head of Business Development for anticipated and secured tenders.
* To keep clients aware of information relating to the company. To deliver information in a professional manner to promote the business in our area of operation.
* To identify key individuals within each organisation to accelerate client knowledge.
* To produce and manage prequalification submissions to the required standards and on time.
Experience and Qualifications:
* A proven track record in a similar position within a residential contracting, housebuilding or building business
* Experience working with various internal and external stakeholders
* Ability to utilise current and new networks to proactively bring new business to the organisation
If you are a proven business development manager, looking to join a market leader, then please don't hesitate in forwarding an up to date CV at your earlest convenience.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency