|Job Ref:||204634644||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Aylesford||Address:||Post Code:||ME20||Salary:||£30000 - £34000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:03|
Our client is the industry's leading specialist rental provider of telescopic handlers, rough terrain straight mast forklifts and attachments.|
We are looking for an experienced Depot Manager to maintain and achieve the company objectives whilst managing the resources available to you in the most efficient cost effective manner. This role will also involve stock control, as you will need to ensure you have the correct mix of equipment available for hire and ensuring the costs are recorded correctly. You will be required to complete paperwork and follow company procedures to ensure that no losses occur.
This role is ideal for an experienced man-manager, who can build strong relationships with customers successfully. You will have excellent IT skills, in particular MS Office and Excel are essential for this role, as is excellent attention to detail and strong administration skills.
- Co-ordinate the allocated external fitters in close communication with the Field Service Controllers.
- Ensure that fitters are efficient and that vehicles are clean, tidy and safe for use.
- Liaise with the relevant call centre employees agreeing where possible realistic targets for equipment availability.
- Fully understand our customer`s requirements and achieve these when they have been agreed by our sales force.
- Ad-hoc inspections of vehicles undertaken
- Manage all the Company`s assets that are under your control.
- Ensure that the correct mix of equipment is available for hire and that backlog is maintained in accordance with divisional targets.
- Complete all company paperwork and procedures accurately so that no losses occur
- Investigate any problems thoroughly.
- Ensure the depot is organised, clean and tidy and that all required repairs are costed out.
- Customer demand v equipment availability
- Any issues or problems are resolved in a timely and professional manner
- Manage the quality of the equipment that leaves your depot and on its return, ensure all damage is recorded
- Ensure all equipment meets the company`s safety mechanical, aesthetical and operational standards.
- Damage recorded accurately and all repairs carried out to the required standard.
- Control all costs associated with your depot, recognising where costs and efficiencies can be improved.
- Cost controls are balanced and efficiency levels are kept to a maximum
- Performance and Development reviews
- Objectives are set and reviewed.
- Training programme in place
Health & Safety
- To ensure as far as is reasonably practicable, personal health & safety Branches/Depot Employees, Equipment, premises and employees
- Regular checks of work areas
- PPE inspections
- Compliance with HSE regulations
- Ensure equipment is maintained to fall within H & S legislation standards
- Monitoring of driving endorsements
- Check drivers hours and tachographs
When it is considered necessary or appropriate by management you may be required to carry out any duties considered within your skill and competence to assist the smooth running of the business.
Required Skills & Person Specification:
- Educated to reasonable level Knowledge/background:
- Management of a Depot or Workshop (Essential)
- A qualification in Construction plant or Agricultural engineering (Essential)