|Job Ref:||204631973||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£30000 - £38000/annum Package||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:59|
Quantity Surveyor required to work for recognised Contractor in Leeds on Social Housing and Extra Care schemes. |
The Quantity Surveyor must have at least 5 years experience in a Surveying role and will be responsible for the The day to day financial and cost control and reporting of one or more developments from the Award up to and including completion of client and sub - contract final accounts, recovery / discharge of all retentions and completion of archive material.
The Duties of the Quantity Surveyor will be to:-
* Effective cash management including pursuit of timely Applications / Certification / Invoices / Internal notices and receipt, careful administration of sub-contractor accounts, at all times being cognisant of need to cultivate effective /longstanding relationships and promote dispute avoidance
* Keeping the Managing Surveyor informed of the progress of all accounts both Client and Sub - contract through to finalisation, including, the release of retentions.
* Ensuring, in conjunction with the Managing Surveyor, that payments/ notices are particular, ensure any commercial threats to Projects are identified swiftly and communicated to the Managing Surveyor
* Contract Administration - attending monthly project and client meetings and ensuring that surveying information and cost advice is provided in an accurate and proficient manner
* When required, ensuring that the procurement of sub - traders and suppliers is undertaken in a timely and cost effective manner in liaison with the Managing Surveyor, ensuring that packages are robust and buying gain in optimised
* Timely production of the Main / Subcontract Final Accounts, including re-measurement as necessary to facilitate the optimum result, evaluation of all variations a loss and/or expense issues
* Health and Safety - All employees have statuary duty to look after their own safety and to give due consideration for the safety of others. Employees also have specific responsibilities as set out in Company Health and Safety Policy
* Equality & Diversity - All Employees must comply with the Company Equality and Diversity Policy, ensuring that at all times behaviour is fair and non-discriminatory
All applicants will ideally have Construction background and ideally within Residential.
For further details, please call Neil on (Apply online only) or to apply, please send your CV through to :-
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age