|Job Ref:||204632787||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newbury||Address:||Post Code:||BA11||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:01|
Position - Senior Quantity Surveyor|
Salary Range - £ competitive salary £ plus full package, car or car allowance, healthcare, matched pension.
Location - Within 1 hours commute of Newbury.
Projects type - Commercial, Education, MOD, Health, Fire Stations and multi frameworks
Size of Project - £2million to £130million
Kier Construction is currently looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join an existing team of passionate and dedicated Surveyors. With our diverse portfolio of projects we are looking for a Senior Surveyor with 4-7 years' worth of experience through the main contracting market as a Senior. Experience of leading your own schemes valued up to £20million is desired whilst experience of working closely with a Managing Surveyor on a portfolio of schemes. We are looking for Senior Quantity Surveyors who have a passion for their job and the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a good and healthy team environment. We understand this approach is essential to ensure quality finished projects within budget and on time for our clients.
The Team and the Region:
The Newbury Office and it's team have completed some outstanding projects to date and with a full order book for the coming years we are in place to continue this performance. Our team has been formed for several years now and work in a coherent and professional manner who deliver on what is set out for our clients which is shown by the repeat business from the client base. There is a huge element of being proud of achieving this quality for our clients and the feedback we receive is within this nature. Our team also believes in developing existing staff to improve on their experience to give people the opportunity of having longevity in their careers with Kier Construction.
* Line management and integration of new team members where appropriate
* Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
* Provide commercial input including financial and contractual performance forecasts to the management team. Help ensure that business targets and KPI's are exceeded
* Preparation of monthly cost / value reports for area, together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
* Production of commercial reports together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
* Physical measurement of works and agreement of same with client and subcontractors
* Agreement of certification and payment of subcontractor accounts - monitoring of such accounts against forecasts
* Implementation and compliance with the contract change control procedure and monitoring thereof including notices to client as appropriate
* Commercial and contractual advice to area team as and when required
* Managing sub-contractors including sending out enquiries, collating prices, comparing with tender, negotiation, order placement, agreement of account and payment
* Carry out any other duties not identified above and as required by their manager
* To assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement Kier Group's policies for risk management.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Holder of a Full UK Drivers Licence
* Educated to Degree level, or equivalent experience
* Experience within a similar role
* Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
* Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
* Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
* Must be flexible in hours of work and travel
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer